DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running out of N/A mods to do to my truck, but this is one that I dont have yet. All I can think of is a bigger cam, 4.56 gears, and the tq convertor. I want to know if anyone has some improved timeslips with a high stall convertor. Before and afters would be great, but any slips with a new convertor will be helpful. I dont care about dyno numbers because I know the convertor will screw you up n the dyno, so I am interested in track times only. Thanks!!

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
Underdrive Pulleys?

·
Registered
255 Posts
mjfikac said:
I am running out of N/A mods to do to my truck, but this is one that I dont have yet. All I can think of is a bigger cam, 4.56 gears, and the tq convertor. I want to know if anyone has some improved timeslips with a high stall convertor. Before and afters would be great, but any slips with a new convertor will be helpful. I dont care about dyno numbers because I know the convertor will screw you up n the dyno, so I am interested in track times only. Thanks!!
I have ordered I TQ Converter from Dan the Fastman. He sells them and says it makes a big difference on the 4.7 so im gonna try it. Ill let you know what kind of diff i notice once i install it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Installed a 2k stall in my 02 with the 5.9L and a shift kit. It doesn't screw up your dyno numbers at all. your readings are way higher on the RPM band than where a tourque convrt. would kick different numbers. I like mind IMO. I love the launch, I went with a hughes 2K stall with royal purple every where in the tranny and t-case. I only went with a 2k to keep the heat and friction down, I wanted to go with a 2500 but I can't drive over 2500 all day long and keep it engaged. so keep that in mind when you make your selection. choose wisely you'll thank-yourself later when your not having to replace a blown tranny a few months from now.

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KaPPaBaLL said:
My guess is anywhere from 1200-1500.

mjfikac:
electric fan, underdrive pulleys, 90/10 struts, 31 spline axles, ET Streets, & N2O. You'll pulling 11's in good weather all day.
I am already planning on the e-fan and M & H slicks. I dont count the pullies yet because they haven't actually started shipping them out. I dont want nitrous because I want to go as fast as possible on a N/A motor. I have looked into the drag shocks, but I'm having a hard time finding them for my lowered truck.

Thanks to the guys who gave input on the tq convertor. Is there anyone out there that has installed one on their hemi ram? And does anyone have timeslips that prove that the convertor helped? Thanks!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.