DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Azz Kicker
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having code issues and I think I have narrowed it down to the fuel injector in the number 5 cylinder. I have never changed one before so I have no clue what is involved or how to do it. Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks all!!!!

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
Disconnect it electrically, remove the locking clip and pull down hard.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
You'll have to pull the fuel rail. 2 bolts. Usually the injectors will stay in the rail. Pull the bad injector out and replace it. Make sure you lube the O rings on the injectors before you install them. Any questions...give Denny or I a shout on Mon. 651-426-0061.

·
Azz Kicker
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Hemidup, you da man! Ok, one more question, what injector do I need, where do I buy it and can I replace just one?

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
We bought one from the dealer. I think it was around $75? Make sure you tell them the injector is for a truck cause the 5.7 car injectors are different.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
On my 04, I have to remove all the plug wires and the rack that holds them.

Then remove the gas cap to relieve some pressure.

Remove the cover over the fuel line monitor valve (on the left side of the rail, it looks like a tire pressure shrader valve) and push in the valve to release any more pressure.

Remove the 4 bolts that hold down the fuel rail. The rail is fragile (if you kink it, its trash) so I would remove the whole thing, not just one side. You may have to remove most if not all of the injector and coil connectors to get enough height on the rail lift. To remove the connectors you have to disengage the lock tab, then press down on the release tab and pull gently.

The injectors are held into the rail by U shaped clips. You need to remove the clip from the bad injector to get the injector out. Watch out, these clips have a tendency to fly around and get lost.

Like said, put a little oil on the rubber o rings of the new injector and re-insert into the rail and replace the clip.

Push the rail/injectors back down into the manifold and make sure you get the injectors fully seated.

Once the rail is back into place, gently bolt it back down.

Re-attach all connectors/plug wires, etc.

·
Azz Kicker
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice. I got the injector replaced without any issues and it seemed to do okay. I guess time will tell if it will solve my problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.