DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ram recently developed a weird problem. The driver's side door lock doesn't work, and is stuck in the locked position. Power actuation makes no noise inside the door. When I open the handle from the inside, I can get out and the manual lock thing at the top of the door moves, but it returns to the locked position immediately. There is a popping sound when I open the handle, as if something were binding up. I checked to see if all the rods are connected and they are. My diagnosis is a power lock actuator that has failed in the locked position. Anyone have a guess or know if this is a common problem? It's going to the stealership tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Its probably a short in the driver door module, or in the computer. Hold down your trip reset button on the odometer and turn the key to on. The dash will go through a set of test and then it will spit out some codes after it says "C CODES" write those down and post them back. Or better yet, do a search for my postings and find the list I made of all of the available codes and descriptions.

Good Luck.
-S

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is becoming a common problem on the Ram's. My dealership states that they have a standing work order about this problem and it is an EASY fix. The lock mechanism has a joint :D in it that becomes stuck. A dab of grease is all that it takes to correct the problem. My first dodge (04 1500) had it happen to the drivers door. My new dodge (05 1500) had it happen to rear drivers side door. They replaced the whole lock mech. in my old truck and it happened as soon as I left the dealership! Small dab of grease fixed it on both trucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.