DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one got a train horn and can comment on how good they are? I have seen some that are 1000$ and some for only 300$. Could some one point me in the right direction of where to get a good one from but not have to spend 1000$.
Thanks

·
Great View
1,048 Posts
I saw someone list one in his signature on a post a while ago but don't remember who, Ah I remember now - rb513

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
y had the psychoblasters from hornblasters.com just sold them to my brother, they are high pitched horn, only cost me like 200 bux for the 3 gallon tank and 2 horns with all the hoses, all i had to get was the push button. they were really good, but i don't see them as a kit in their site anymore. i sold them cus i eventually wanna get louder ones, altho they were crazy loud. they would scare the crap out of anyone.
but go to hornblasters.com, and get a good 400-500 dollar set, u wont be disappointed

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
I have one on my other ride...(see avatar). If you are wanting something that will last go for the "real" thing. A Nathan or a Leslie. They are made to have the hell beat out of them by a train, so imagine how long they would last on a truck! The cheap toys that horn blasters sells wouldnt last a week on a locomotive.

·
Registered
408 Posts
look on ebay for siege engineering, or they have a website also, nice quality without busting the bank, i have the hammer3, wish it was a little lower tone, but not gonna get that without some longer horns. but overall im happy for a starter kit, and if you watch u can get a kit with everything for under $300shipped.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Yep! Siege engineering is where I got mine.

I also agree with the all-in-one compressor/tanks, look for the the kits with the tank and compressor seperate from each other. They are much better compressors and last much longer. It also gives you more mounting options. I also added a port on the tank to attach a hose for emergency uses (fill up flat tire, rafts, etc...)

I went with the Kong horns and they are everything I wanted, and more!

No need to spend 1000 on a system, you can get a very good system for around 300-400.

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
bigmac18 said:
Yep! Siege engineering is where I got mine.

I also agree with the all-in-one compressor/tanks, look for the the kits with the tank and compressor seperate from each other. They are much better compressors and last much longer. It also gives you more mounting options. I also added a port on the tank to attach a hose for emergency uses (fill up flat tire, rafts, etc...)

I went with the Kong horns and they are everything I wanted, and more!

No need to spend 1000 on a system, you can get a very good system for around 300-400.
Yeah the KONG horn are loud and sound damn good!!!!!!! People will get out of your way when you use them!!!! LOL!!!!!

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
piper18 said:
I saw someone list one in his signature on a post a while ago but don't remember who, Ah I remember now - rb513

siege engineering on ebay :rck:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool thanks guys. What would be a good sized tank?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea i will be. So you guys think Kong is the best?

·
Registered
954 Posts
I may be biased, but I think so :D

I have a 3 gallon tank and it is plenty.
I also have the 200psi compressor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.