DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for someone who has a internally modified 5.9 360. I am wondering how much HP you guys have squeezed out of them. Be it a SC or NA engine, I don't care. I am looking for someone who has more HP in the 360 then the HEMIs. Also, what mods have you done to arrive at this number.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
On the Speed Freaks forum over at jeepsunlimited.com there are some guys with 5.9 Limited JGCs running 11s with highly modded 360s. Most are running 408 strokers(a punched and stroked 360) with blowers and making insane power.

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Gouge over here has a built 360, don't know what he's putting down though.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
BrandonSC said:
I am looking for someone who has a internally modified 5.9 360. I am wondering how much HP you guys have squeezed out of them. Be it a SC or NA engine, I don't care. I am looking for someone who has more HP in the 360 then the HEMIs. Also, what mods have you done to arrive at this number.
Search for some of Gouge93's posts..... he probably has the quickest 360 Ram on the forum.

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
I too am looking into some engine mods for the 360. I have been thinking about Cam, Manifold, Throttle Body, etc. I would really like to superchage it, but i keep running into questions about the computer.

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
FreeLantz said:
Search for some of Gouge93's posts..... he probably has the quickest 360 Ram on the forum.
Thanks, but not sure if I'm the quickest though, I'm not even that fast yet. But on a good note all my mods so far are just bolt-ons, I haven't even gone past the throttle body yet and with a little more tweakin at the track I should be in the 14's with it. You can pretty much see what I'm getting in my sig.

I got more plans for it though still, headers, intake manifold, heads, cam, etc. I think I can squeeze out some 13's N/A and without stroking it. Got my eyes on certain hemi's out there!

·
Registered
30 Posts
what are the stock numbers on a 360 coming off the showroom floor??

·
Registered
105 Posts
KRC Performance for all your 360 performance hookup needs.

Strokers to Blowers to Lightning Killer N/A packages...you want it, they got it.

plannign on their balanced 408 stroker kit myself with low compression pistons and eventually a nice fat power adder. undecided on the blower/turbo so far.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Stormin Ram said:
what are the stock numbers on a 360 coming off the showroom floor??

Stock at the flywheel I believe are 245 Hp and 335 Tq

·
How'r These?
75 Posts
My theory with Mopar small blocks has always been start with exhaust, then a decent ignition system, then move to the induction system, however these days you may include a programmer in that mix somewhere between exhaust and induction, but I am old school Mopar we didn't have computer controls and if we did ie: "Lean Burn" we put a points distributor in it till we could afford a Mopar Conversion Kit. My plans do not faulter from my small block philosophy, my plan is exhaust, ignition upgrade, induction upgrade ie: Fatman TB, Mopar intake, and a decent camshaft and then perhaps a programmer to see if it can get better, by the way I have a Transgo Re-Programmer going in also, its in stock and beggin' to go online, if it performs as good as the instructions say it should.. that might change my philosphy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.