DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a few different names but my tint guy now installs "Armor Fend" which is a clear tape that acts as a bra and is virtually invisible.
armourfend . com

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have lumar, its not as clear as they claim but it keeps the front end from getting sanded and pocked with bugs.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I am tired of the road rash. I do alot of highway driving in and around boston and I am pelted daily by crap! I pick up the new whip tomorrow and I have my tint appointment on friday. I wonder how it would look on a Magnesium MAgnum.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
"Honey, did you get that clear bra installed?" :IDEA:

I just hadta dooit. :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Mike, how much is your tint guy charging for the bra? Do you know if they have a fender protector for the tailgate too?

thanks,
Dan

·
Hemi Driving Pastor!
67 Posts
I got the "full front" package installed and am pretty happy with it. I was surprised how much area is not covered, though. Wherever there is a crease or bend in the sheet metal, there is a gap in the clear material. I noticed a rock induced paint chip right next to the film today, which took a chunk of paint off.

I don't know if all of the installations are like that, or just the guy who did my car, but that is kinda weird. My RT is white, and the bra is hardly noticeable, though dust and grime seems to accumulate at the edge of the film.

I do an incredible amount of freeway driving here in the desert, and am overall very happy with the film so far.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
You guys don't get it? "Clear Bra"? :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
lol, they must be sleeping. I heard ya, loud and clear.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Just do the entire vehicle in it and you don't have to worry about it looking all funny and un even. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I talked to someone from Ultra Shield in Florida. I asked if he had any dealers in New Jersey because they didn't have one listed on their website. He gave me the number of an installer in Morristown. I called him and asked, roughly how much it would cost to do the entire front of the Magnum. He told me it should be around $600.00 for the full front end including the mirrors. If anyone wants the number of the dealer let me know.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Wow, somebody ACTUALLY responded to my "Clear Bra" quip...although I probably should have taken the hint. :thatfunny

Ha ha haaah, Hemi Pete chooses not to learn! :flippy:

Clear Bra...ooooohhhhh yeeaaaaahhh! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.