DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a stupid question but here goes, are there and D owners in New York City? I spent the weekend up there and noticed a few durangos around the city and was wonderin how in the hell someone could drive it through the city???? I took a rental dodge charger and and a hard enough time getting around. Like I said, dumb question but wanted to see what people had to say. :confused:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I do not live in NYC, but drive there often enough, not a problem for me. Sounds like more of a question for you of driving in NYC, regardless of the vehicle...?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I live in jersey, but I work and was born and raised in nyc, and let me tell you.. driving around in the city is easy once you get the hang of it. I'm more fearful of stupid pedestrians trying to cross a busy intersection before the light turns green than I am of the cabbies who could pull cart wheels with their cabs less than 2 feet from your vehicle.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I live in NYC for for a couple of years I drove into work everyday. You just get used to your surroundings. The FDR is a trip because the lanes are so narrow. I remember I gave a co-worker a lift home in my Mustang going like 70 mph on the FDR and she thought we were going to die. The lanes are about the with of a large SUV but we make it work. Most of the time in the city you are only going about 20 mph on our so called expressways which really sux. The worst by far are the cabs. I don't mean this in a racist way, but most of them are foreign born and learned to drive in their country where I don't think there are any driving regulations. It's an adventure for sure but it keeps the old heart pumping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.