DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to try and flip my overloads this weekend since Dodge decided to put them in upside down. It was super easy and when I got everything back together, I got roughly 1" of lift. The ride is just slightly stiffer in the rear and does not feel like it's bottoming out when hitting a bump. Hopefully now when I have a load in the bed or a trailer hooked up the rear will not sag so much.

Anyone else done this?

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
never even thought about it

·
Double Rammin'
774 Posts
I did the ones on my 02 before I got it back on the road again, and like you said a fairly easy mod. What did you torque your U-bolts down to? I have had to re-torque mine a couple of times now (used new u-bolts since the originals were bent in the accident) and I'm going to 100 ft-lbs. I haven't noticed any stiffer of a ride, but I know with some weight in the bed the spring rate is higher with less travel needed.

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the ones on my 02 before I got it back on the road again, and like you said a fairly easy mod. What did you torque your U-bolts down to? I have had to re-torque mine a couple of times now (used new u-bolts since the originals were bent in the accident) and I'm going to 100 ft-lbs. I haven't noticed any stiffer of a ride, but I know with some weight in the bed the spring rate is higher with less travel needed.
Somewhere between tight and very tight. :D

·
Double Rammin'
774 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I have been thinking about doing mine. You have any before and after pics?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
I thought about it, I have 2" lift blocks and never got around to finding longer u-bolts

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been thinking about doing mine. You have any before and after pics?
Do you want pics of the whole truck or just the overloads? I have before pics in my gallery and will try and take new ones tonight.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Of the whole truck, thanks

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally have pics of my flipped overloads. I got about 3/4" lift from doing this and the ride quality has not changed. With the 2" front level, the truck sits 1" taller in the rear.

Attachments

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
looks good man

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
I did it to my QC LB with shell and carpet kit, it does make it bounce a little more on the bad portions of the freeway. looking to add airshock on top of the Ranchos to help the backend hop.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Im going to want to do this now

·
Former F150 guy
101 Posts
Now that you have been driving it for a while, any regrets at all? Have you pulled a trailer yet? Is it still riding as smooth as stock?

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
Thats a nice truck

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice job Morgan... You live in south Broken Arrow huh?
Thanks, it was a good excuse to get out in the garage for a while. Getting married in a few weeks and need all the wedding planning breaks I can get.

I am actually in south Tulsa, just a little west of BA.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.