DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
just me
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up a set of factory running boards and mudflaps today. going to paint them 1st and then install them. has anyone installed you own set before? what does it take? do they use the factory body bolts? as you can tell i have never done this before. thanks for any help.:help:

·
Registered
284 Posts
I had the one on my passenger side replaced under warranty because it worked loose when i looked under it it looked like they had rivets holding them on i was surprised when they replaced the whole thing instead of just reattaching it.

·
Hemi User
1,719 Posts
I had to replace my right side one, had a mishap with a rock (boulder ;)). There are three brackets that hold it on, each bracket has three bolts to the frame and three to the running board. It only comes with two bolts for each bracket, so be sure to order them also. If you get the formed OEM splash guards, you will have to drill a few holes. Nether one is hard, just take your time and read the instructions.

·
just me
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the ones i picked up are from a take off before trade in. they didn't give me any instructions.:bawl: the brackets are still attached to the boards. it looks like 1 bolt for each bracket on the top and each bracket has 2 bolts welded to it. i also got the factory guards from them too. do i just buy the 6 top bolts and thats it?

·
just me
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to replace my right side one, had a mishap with a rock (boulder ;)). There are three brackets that hold it on, each bracket has three bolts to the frame and three to the running board. It only comes with two bolts for each bracket, so be sure to order them also. If you get the formed OEM splash guards, you will have to drill a few holes. Nether one is hard, just take your time and read the instructions.
and i heard you got just a little more snow?

·
just me
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got home from a 23 hour snow plow trip :SPIN::rolleyes:
we have been pretty lucky here south of kansas city. we got 1 1/2 inches the other day. it's going to be 60 on saturday!!

·
Hemi User
1,719 Posts

·
Hemi User
1,719 Posts
the ones i picked up are from a take off before trade in. they didn't give me any instructions.:bawl: the brackets are still attached to the boards. it looks like 1 bolt for each bracket on the top and each bracket has 2 bolts welded to it. i also got the factory guards from them too. do i just buy the 6 top bolts and thats it?
Checked my extra brackets in the basement as I reused the existing ones. Three bolts go through the bracket into the bottom of the running board. One bolt goes through the top of the bracket to the frame (at least I think it was the frame). Not sure if they go in a threaded hole our you need a nut or what. Two bolts go through the lower lip of the body into two nuts welded to the bracket. I would stop at a dealer and get the bolts, they should be able to hook you up with the correct ones.

·
just me
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for your help. i will be in akron this summer to see the family. we should try to get the D's together.:D

·
Hemi User
1,719 Posts
We'll see what's going on when your up here. Where in Akron will you be?

·
just me
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kenmore area mostly. and have to visit the ravenna area too for the grandparents.

·
Hemi User
1,719 Posts
I'm in Goodyear Heights on the Tallmadge border.

·
just me
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
been there many many times. so what are they going to do with rolling acres? last i heard was a retirement community. i was so sad to see it so empty. we were there a few years ago. i used to hang out there in the late 80's every weekend! that place was always full!

·
Hemi User
1,719 Posts
I think the only thing left there is Sears and Penney's as they own there own buildings and have their own utilities. The rest is shut down and they have no plans for now. I would think it gets demolished and who knows what after that. I would hang out there a bit in the late 70's, get wasted and go to the gameroom or movies. It actually used to be a real nice mall, not sure what went wrong other than the wrong people hangin out.

·
just me
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i remember when i moved to the keys in '91 it was starting to get worse up there. it really was a nice mall. i was so amazed that it was soooo dead up there. i walked through with my g/f and kids and telling them all the stores that used to be in each place. i used to always eat at the friendly's restaurant.:bawl:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.