DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Daytona 8398
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed my oil in my truck and I put in RP HPS oil instead of their regular street oil, which I have used for the past 2 years. What I have noticed with the HPS is one I gained .2 mpg's, the other thing I have noticed is the "Hemi tick" was a little bite quieter with the regular RP street oil but my truck has more giddy up to her. It is not much more then before but I have definitely noticed a slight difference. My truck just feels a little more stronger then it did before the change. I have a little over 200 miles on the HPS oil and I like how my truck has responded to it plus I gained a slight increase in mpg's, I'll take that any day. I had ruffly 6100 miles on the old oil and I usually go longer on RP but I didn't want to get stuck changing my oil in the dead of winter with possibly snow on the ground.

·
muscle ram
1,020 Posts
no not me, but im due for an oil change and was checkin that out, im happy with your results, i hope it does the same for my tick and mpgs

·
Official HEMI SPORT Owner
1,359 Posts
I haven't tried it yet but I will sometime next year.

·
Skelton Krew
2017 short bed hemi tradesmen
862 Posts
I'm going with it for my next oil change here in a month or 2. please to see the results you got hoping to see more of the same from others.

·
Registered
258 Posts
It has high zinc/phosphorus...Some say this will shorten the life of the cc. I stock up on the regular R when it's on sale. If I was gonna pay the RP HPS price I'd probably use Redline instead.

·
Daytona 8398
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has high zinc/phosphorus...Some say this will shorten the life of the cc. I stock up on the regular R when it's on sale. If I was gonna pay the RP HPS price I'd probably use Redline instead.
You are correct that the RP HPS oil has high zinc/phosphorus in it but according to the RP rep that I spoke to back in Aug. The added zinc/phosphorus will not having any negative side effects on any of the emissions parts of the truck. The added zinc/phosphorus will benefit the internal engine components.

·
Registered
95 Posts
yeah they beefed up the antiwear additives. ZDDP shortens the life of the converter, extends the life of your motor. ZDDP can stick to the inside of the converter and just renders it useless.
high performance engines with no cats - ZDDP GOOD

stock engines with cats - ZDDP? Meh.

RP says there's no evidence of short or long term ill effects on cats from their HPS oil on the oil faq's section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.