DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Texas Pride...HEMI Pride
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Compared to my '05, the remote/key for the keyless entry is horrible on the '06 model. My '05 I could lock the doors from a 100 feet away, now if I'm anymore than 10-20 feet away, it won't do jack on the '06! I hate it, anyone else notice this??

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Definetly, my keyless on my 04 was like your previous ram but yeah the 06 is pitiful I am forever hitting it to get all four dours to open from 15ft away. :VHOT:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Mine varies. Sometimes it works from inside the house, other times I have trouble from 15 feet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have noticed it...didn't have an older Dodge truck to compare it to but I do know you have to get closer to it than any other vehicle I've owned. It is kind of irritating but I've kinda gotten used to it now.

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
im in the same boat as convbcuda, its a hit and miss situation. sometimes it works and others it dont do so great.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Does the 06 come with the newer key/fob combo remotes? I know my MOther in laws Magnum had this, where the key handle was the remote fob. Have never seen the key fob on an 06, so I was just curious.

KB

·
Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,129 Posts
Mine varies, sometimes it'll work from like 10 feet away and other times from only 5 feet. PLus it's a pain to get all the doors to unlock.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Why would you need it to open from 100 feet away? How fast do you walk?

I don't have an older one to compare with, but my Intrepid only opened from about 15-20 feet, same with my Caddy and the wife's Isuzu Rodeo.

·
Registered
527 Posts
BrandonSC said:
hold the fob up next to your head, right near your temple and try it. The signal uses your head as an antenna and it will work from farther away. Scouts Honor!
I was gonna say something like that, but I figured y'all would think I'm nuts. Actually the way I do it is hold it under your chin and open your mouth, and yes it does work.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
KB112 said:
Does the 06 come with the newer key/fob combo remotes? I know my MOther in laws Magnum had this, where the key handle was the remote fob. Have never seen the key fob on an 06, so I was just curious.

KB
Yes thats what we have on the 06 Rams

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I've never opened my mouth... but I have held it up to my chin to get it to work a long ways away.

As for just using it... I guess I never really saw the need to open it any further than an arms length away.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Well maybe you dont really need to unlock it from 100ft away but I usually hit the lock button when I get out, every once in a while I think wait did I lock it. Since I usually park pretty far out in the lot it was nice to be able to turn around and hit it from 100ft away but I cant do that anymore, I have to walk back pretty close to the truck for it to work.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I like being able to use it from a distance. Just like 04Quad said, I too sometimes forget if I locked the truck in a parking lot. Plus the kids are always running up to the truck first and its easier to unlock it from a distance, as they also take the longest to buckle in and get ready.

KB

·
Registered
527 Posts
I was just rippin' on ya' man, no offense intended. :D

The kid thing makes perfect sense to me, but my son is too young to walk, much less run, so I'm OK with the distance. I understand the large parking lot thing too, but with the horn blaring every time I lock it (I know this can be disabled), there's no question of whether I locked it.

Sorry if I offended anyone. :dtrocks:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Get an after market alarm with a two way remote. I have had them on a few of my vehicles and the better ones can lock and unlock from a quarter mile if unobstructed. I actually used to be able to start my truck from inside school when it was at the far parking lot. About a 150 yards through to concrete walls. But that was when the system was brand new now that it has aged and the remote is a little beat up I can get about 150-200 feet on it.

·
452 Posts
seems like I have to hit mine 4 or 5 times to get the other doors to unlock, I think I saw something where you can program it to unlock all 4 doors with just one push but now I can't find it

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an 06 and tried to do the procedure to get the key fob to unlock all the doors with just one push of the button. Has anyone got this to work? cause i tried forever but the damn thing just won't do it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.