DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
First time Dodge Owner!
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04' Ram 20" wheels will not keep the small 3" wheel caps from falling out. I'm getting tired of spending $20 every time one gets lost.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Also, are there any cool aftermarket caps I can get?? Where from?

Thanks

·
Registered
501 Posts
My 02 has done it too.

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,292 Posts
put some silicon on the end of it to give it a better stick, just a thought

·
First time Dodge Owner!
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are there any companys that make afterket caps? I'm sure someone out there has to.

·
Website Designer & SEO
1,411 Posts
Happened to me. Should be covered by warranty.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
My issue isnt them falling out, rather them turning colors... Like the coating on them tarnishing... looks like @$$

·
mafosa
824 Posts
same problem.. ebay has good deals on all 4

·
Registered
266 Posts
My 04 had the issue , I took it to the dealership and they were replaced under recall

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I have the stock plastic chrome wheels. No problem.

If that is what you have, just put a little glue/something on them and put them back.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Had the problem with two of them on mine as well, dealer told me they must have been stolen...I had one and replaced it then took the truck in for service and they replaced the other one thinking they had lost it. clear silicone will keep them in.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Yeah, do the silicone job to it. Seems lots of guys were losing center caps on the 03 and early 04s it seems. Mine are rock solid and have been bounced around from rotations and new tires being installed. Never once has one fallen out or even come loose for that matter. I have the chrome clad 20"s like Kenihemi.

KB

·
First time Dodge Owner!
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ITS-A-HEMI said:
My 04 had the issue , I took it to the dealership and they were replaced under recall

I called my local dealer and they said that there was no such recall on the center caps.

Can someone give me some information on this? Is there a TSB on these caps? If there is a recall....can you give me some more info?

Another post said that they were covered under warrenty.....is that true?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
center caps

I did have one lose in the front of mt 04 rather then glue or silicone i i used a small this rubber band in the groove on the rear side of the cap and it holds it in very nicely but if there is some type or recall could someone post the information

·
Registered
266 Posts
I will check into it... I was missing both front and went in to get replacements and was told that there was a TSB and that he would replace all 4 for me...I was outa there in 15 minuits...I had the 17" alloys though... same caps cause the new ones were crome...

·
First time Dodge Owner!
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the help guys. Any info about a TSB or recall would be great.

I'm getting tired ov spending $25 every time one of those caps flys off. The thing that makes me mad is that when I first install them, they are really snug and tight.

·
Rumble Bee #2669
285 Posts
My dealership told me they only come off when you go 100+

I told them I never ever do such silly things!

....ok, maybe occasionally.

Dodge actually has the "Center Cap Recovery Team" also known as Dodge CCRT. They ride along the side of the highway, pick up center caps, clean them, and re-sell them. Why else do you think they'd be $16 a pop?

·
First time Dodge Owner!
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TSR6 said:
My dealership told me they only come off when you go 100+

I told them I never ever do such silly things!

....ok, maybe occasionally.

Dodge actually has the "Center Cap Recovery Team" also known as Dodge CCRT. They ride along the side of the highway, pick up center caps, clean them, and re-sell them. Why else do you think they'd be $16 a pop?

$16...you're getting a good deal, my dealership want's $25 for one!

Did anyone ever figure out if there is actually a recall on them....or if they are covered under warrety? The next time one comes off...that's going to be $100 in wheel caps since I bought the truck 4 months ago!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.