DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am going to go with the N-Fab cab length 2 step nerf bars on my 2001 CTD. However N-Fab doesn't have pictures of a 2nd gen on the website www.n-fab.com . Is anyone here running their bars and can post some pics and give me your opinion of the bars? :cool:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Bumping this, as I would like to know as well, as they look real nice.

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
I love mine...(3rd Gen)

Note:My are a year old,and noticed rust on and underneath the steps,so I contacted n-fab and sent some pictures to them.They have a 5 year warranty.
Within a few weeks,I received some new ones.Excellent customer service.
I'm having these Linex'd as we speak.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Awesome, good to hear. I'm hoping they can do the Intense Blue color matching. That would be freaking AWESOME.

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
prvtav8r said:
Awesome, good to hear. I'm hoping they can do the Intense Blue color matching. That would be freaking AWESOME.

They would look great on your truck..
:rck:

Attachments

·
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
slammed1 said:
Im sorry mine arent on a 2nd gen but I will say I have them on my quad cab and I love them,so do the kids and wife!!
Thanks for the pic Slammed1, even though it isn't a 2nd gen it does help. I have decided to go ahead and get them. They look like about the nicest steps on the market! BTW, my company is headquartered in Russellville.

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Davcruz,
Have you received them yet? Any pics?

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
They look like a well built piece. I like the design as well. Simple but effective. They have to be better than the westins that my truck had on it when I got it. 2 wheeling trips after the lift & they were junk.

·
Registered
108 Posts
recieved mine today! To bad they screwed up and shipped the wrong color.

·
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still waiting on mine. I expect them anytime though. I can't wait!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Davecruz---Did your bars ever show up?

·
Registered
430 Posts
YES>>>> WE DEMAND PICS>.. seriously, I want to know how they look on our generation trucks, as I want some for a wedding present bad.

·
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, in fact I did get them FINALLY and installed them.

I made the mistake of ordering these things from the cheapest place I found, a guy that approached me on the turbodieselregister that runs a 4x4 shop in Montana. BIG mistake, when I finally got them after 5 weeks they were for a 3rd gen, so after another 3-4 weeks I got the replacements....ALSO for a 3rd gen, but the box at least was labeled for the 2nd gen.

Anyway, they fit length wise, but the brackets where too tall, so rather than sending them back a second time I just modified the brackets to fit my 2nd gen truck.

I do not like they way these things mount. They bolt through the pinch weld at the bottom of the cab, but IMHO they are flimsy when mounted like that. I ended up making braces that brace them to the floor pan also. Quite freaking sturdy now, but for the money that these things cost I should not have had to do that IMO.

Anyway, here are the pics.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
i love that cap, looks great.

I am talking to 2 people that have caps they are wanting to sell locally. Prices are from $75-100. Not bad at all. I know one for sure is a Leer & its already black. One is green (i'd paint it black). I'd also limo tint the windows & prolly put bedrug in my bed & add some lights. Maybe even add a roof rack.

·
Registered
38 Posts
They do look really good on your truck though. I am suprised that they mount like that also, and I agree that for what they cost they should have a more solid way of mounting them. But I love the way your truck looks, you did a nice job.

·
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i love that cap, looks great.

I am talking to 2 people that have caps they are wanting to sell locally. Prices are from $75-100. Not bad at all. I know one for sure is a Leer & its already black. One is green (i'd paint it black). I'd also limo tint the windows & prolly put bedrug in my bed & add some lights. Maybe even add a roof rack.
Thanks, I was never a fan of caps until I had one. ha-ha I also have a Bed Rug in it and lights inside also, the dog loves to ride back there! $100 is a bargain, these things start at about $1800 new.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
yeah, & even if I have to repaint it, retint it, replace glass, get new locks/clamps or whatever....I'll still make out well. Well enuff that I can bed rug it & still come out good. I don't even have to do that right away, the drop in liner I have (that was free) will work fine until the next check or 2.

How much did your Bedrug cost? Ain't it like $300 something? I know mine is a SB & yours is a LB, so it should be a little cheaper.

·
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No idea, it was already in the truck when I got it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.