DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm having sum installed saturday the mounting depth looks a little deep they said they would build a plate to space it out so it would fit. is this standard stuff they can do or are they going to make it fit. they are the eclipse sp8994 2 way 6x9 for reference. :huh:

any tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Bubba,
I do not have those particular speakers, but most speakers have to be built out. All they will do is put a spacer/bracket between the speaker and the door to make it not so deep. I had to do this in my Durango and will likely have to do it next week when i install my new audio components. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds like something people do all the time they charging me an extra 20 to build the plates and put em in just wanted to make sure they weren't blowing smoke.

thanks

·
Slammed 1 Suspensions
2,095 Posts
Its pretty standard. I'm using 7" mids which required quite a bit of fab work to get in properly.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
When you take the stock speakers out, there is a plastic spacer glued to the speaker with foam. Take a knife and cut it apart, the spacer just might fit around your new 6x9's. I put in Polk db 6x9's and that plastic spacer worked perfectly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.