DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my passenger side mirror got hit. I have a new one ($120 shipped). It is the heated, powered, flip-up tow mirror. 2006 2500 4WD. Has anybody replaced one of these and can give some tips on what to do to make the replacement go easier? Seems I need to pull the inside pillar covers and maybe something other?

Any help before I start poking would be of great help.

Thanks!

Jim P

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow. As always, you guys rule.

It's done, 10 minutes. Took out 4 screws, lifted the panel up and it popped away (no need to remove it completely). Took out 3 10mm nuts and unplugged the connector. Put new one on, re-do, all done.

You guys rock, Thanks!

Jim P

·
Registered
219 Posts
yah I need a passenger one too!

·
bubba
1,563 Posts
if the glass is the only thing that broke, its replaceable.

i traded matt (hemi450hp) mirrors and my passenger glass was broken, he ordered one from art at henson, i believe it was like 30 something bucks.

with the mirror flipped into the up position, push the bottom part of the mirror in, grab the top part and pull up and the glass will slide out of the clips, then you can see how it mounts and put the other one back in. it takes 5 mins

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
I think he is replacing the whole mirror. Just pull the inside door panel, and remove the 3 bolts and 2 electrical plugs, and it will come right out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
any one ever fixed the electric adjustment part of the mirror? Mine are perfect except my drivers does not ajust, you can hear the motor turn but the glass moves very little.,
so i was considering replacing the drivers until i see that it is more expensive to purchase 1 than it is to purchase both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.