584 Posts
what is a Brite Box?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hemidriver04345 said:
what is a Brite Box?
It's a device that connects to your lighting system and keeps your lows and fogs on when you click on your high beams - lows and fogs shut off when high beams are clicked on a stock truck.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Where do I find one?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mad Titan said:
Where do I find one?
http://www.bakerautoaccessories.com/
I have one, just haven't put it on yet - going to get the cleared black headlights and do it all at once. I was just curious if anyone had put it on and if there have been any concerns.

·
Banned
524 Posts
I didn't but I did do the headlight jumper deal, works great

What exactly are you trying to acomplish?

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
johninaustin said:

lol, like he said. to keep his fogs on when he has his high beams on.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
johninaustin said:

I know about the jumper, but it doesn't keep the lows on, only the highs and fogs if I'm not mistaken. BB keeps all three on. (BTW, I like the price of the jumper better than BB). :)

This truck gets driven a lot at night in deer country and I want every bit of illumination I can squeeze out of 'er.

Also, the BB comes with the Fogzilla harness included.

·
Banned
524 Posts
I would think that having both filaments lit would burn the bulbs up in a hurry

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
johninaustin said:
I would think that having both filaments lit would burn the bulbs up in a hurry
Not according to their testing. And there is actually some excellent anecdotal evidence here on DT that it doesn't. I forget who the players were, but someone actually fastened the stalk in a 'pulled back but not clicked' position (to activate highs, lows, fogs) and took regular temp readings over the course of several hours, with no adverse signs or problems.

But, even though I bought the product and am about to install it, I posed the question re problems just to see what was out there, thinking along the same lines a yourself.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
I'll sell you my jumper idea for $100....heck of a deal.....LOL!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TTURedRaider09 said:
I'll sell you my jumper idea for $100....heck of a deal.....LOL!
Damn! If only I'd known . . . :D

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
05_hemi said:
Damn! If only I'd known . . . :D
Thats alright....there will be more suckers....LOL! :thatfunny

·
Banned
524 Posts
surely there's a way to accomplish (<--Hey look, I finally spelled it right! LOL) the same thing using a jumper....hell, it was done with the fog lights, high/low beams are only a relay.....surely it can be rigged

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't think so. Awhile back I stubled across a long thread (I forget the fellas involved) who seemed to be a couple of electrical geniuses, and pulled every and I do mean every trick in the book to make it work - fog lights and brights, yes, all three, no. I think that was where I also learned about BB - I always noticed that when I pulled the stalk back without clicking I got the best possible light (in the Ram and all my previous vehicles) and always wondered how it could be set up like that, so I bought BB.

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
johninaustin said:
surely there's a way to accomplish (<--Hey look, I finally spelled it right! LOL) the same thing using a jumper....hell, it was done with the fog lights, high/low beams are only a relay.....surely it can be rigged
I CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
05_hemi said:
I don't think so. Awhile back I stubled across a long thread (I forget the fellas involved) who seemed to be a couple of electrical geniuses, and pulled every and I do mean every trick in the book to make it work - fog lights and brights, yes, all three, no. I think that was where I also learned about BB - I always noticed that when I pulled the stalk back without clicking I got the best possible light (in the Ram and all my previous vehicles) and always wondered how it could be set up like that, so I bought BB.
NOT SURE HOW THE GRADING SYSTEM WORKS ON BECOMING AN ELECTRICAL GENIUSES IN YOUR BOOK BUT I CAN DO IT.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I graded them based on what they seemed to know (everything) vs what I know (sweet f%$& all).

But dude, I have faith in you! :thatfunny By the way, do your truck first, and keep a fire ext handy. :thatfunny

·
Banned
524 Posts
LOL, yes! Fire extinguisher is a must!! LOL...

I think a simple 12v switch can be installed......have you looked at the wiring schematics for the truck? I would think that taping in to the same wires for the high beams on the column would allow you to manually turn on your highs....it seems as if the switch itself is what turns off your lows.....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.