DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody install a tranny drain plug on their rig? Just curious how much clearance their is inside the pan. I would like to install this on the side of the pan horizontally rather than sticking out the bottom. Should help keep it from getting ripped out and will be a convienent location for a tranny temperature sensor.

http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BM-80250

Anybody use this or something similar. For $10 it seems well worth adding during my tranny service next week.

·
Registered
908 Posts
if you are wanting a tranny temp gauge, you really should think about installing it in the supply line to the cooler(if equipped), the fluid in the pan, while it is warmer than the return fluid from the cooler, is not the most accurate temperature reading since it has been cooled. Spend the 35 bucks at summit or jegs and get the temp sensor manifold kit, or make your own out of NPT fittings.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I am in the market for two manifolds but with the purchase & shipping to the UK this will work out to a lot of $$$ If they can be fabbed out of NPT fittings anyone have a shopping list I can get here in the UK to make them up ?

Gonna post this question up as a new thread also in case its not seen by others

Martin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.