1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Drives Hard
23 Posts
looks good. If I hadn't put a Flowmaster on when I bought mine, I'd probably go for it. Almost 3000 feedback, 99.7% positive, I'd go for it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sounds good, looks real, just wierd the use of "very real shop" so many times.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I looked into this system before I bought it from Summit. Those pipes are all crush bends so that pipe can be as narrow as 2" or less where the bends are. With that in mind I bought the actual Flowmaster system from Summit and got the benefit of the mandrel bent tubing.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Great Deal, But I Have To Wonder Why They Dont Tell You What Series The Muffler Is, I Have Found That The Only One From Flowmaster That Does Justice To Just About Any Vehicle Is The 40, If This Is Anything Else You Might Be Dissapointed In The Sound

·
Derelict
392 Posts
I would squash those rear exhaust tips flat in no time.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Road Dog said:
I would squash those rear exhaust tips flat in no time.
that's what I was thinking too, that's why I have my exhaust dumped.
It's not very functional for off roading, plus it looks retarded having two chrome tits sticking out from the bumper.

·
Registered
216 Posts
To be honest I don't think with your mods that not having mandrel bent pipes, is going to hurt performance all that much, However I do agree with these guys on, I hate the rear exit pipes, I like it dumped or coming out behind the rear tires. But that is all personal choice, I'd go for it though, 150.00 and you have an exhaust, If you hate it, you can always swap mufflers or just replace the entire system.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the reply's guys. As for smashing the tips, i dont do any hardcore offroading, all i probably will ever do is trails, or the like. I personally like the duals out the back. I might hold off till spring to do this mod though, to save them from the brine and salt...i might email the seller to ask what series the muffler is. im hoping its the 40 series.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
chizzle1 said:
that's what I was thinking too, that's why I have my exhaust dumped.
It's not very functional for off roading, plus it looks retarded having two chrome tits sticking out from the bumper.
There you go with that tits thing again.

When you have dumped exhaust it sounds like a leak. And it looks like you can't afford to have your exhaust fixed when you drive around every day with no tailpipes on.

I had pipes out the sides, behind the back wheels on my red truck for nearly 2 years. After the first month they were filled with stone chips and rusting. Mud flaps didn't help at all and they were there the entire time. When the pipes run out the back they don't fill with stone chips like they would out the sides. It looked wicked out the sides though I will admit.

Now I will always have my "tits" out the back. If they look like tits to you, it makes me wonder what kind of women you have around your parts. This is a truck forum isn't it?

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
BleedDodge said:
There you go with that tits thing again.

When you have dumped exhaust it sounds like a leak. And it looks like you can't afford to have your exhaust fixed when you drive around every day with no tailpipes on.

I had pipes out the sides, behind the back wheels on my red truck for nearly 2 years. After the first month they were filled with stone chips and rusting. Mud flaps didn't help at all and they were there the entire time. When the pipes run out the back they don't fill with stone chips like they would out the sides. It looked wicked out the sides though I will admit.

Now I will always have my "tits" out the back. If they look like tits to you, it makes me wonder what kind of women you have around your parts. This is a truck forum isn't it?
:thatfunny to each his own, just voicing my 2 cents.
I also had the pipes angled out the side, between the bumper and the rear quarter panel. They looked good, but in addition to getting hit with rocks, salt, etc they got repeatedly flatted when I'd go wheeling.
It's not that I can't afford a full exhaust system, it's just not practical for what I use the truck for.
How does a dumped setup sound like a leak?
It's routed all the way back to the rear diff, and then has 2 turn downs. If anything I think it sounds better than when I had the 2 pipes out the back. With the turndowns the sound echos off the ground. And it's loud as hell.
I won't throw out any more 'tits' comments though.

·
Too Big to Sneak
448 Posts
chizzle1 said:
plus it looks retarded having two chrome tits sticking out from the bumper.
I guess I'll make a motion to form the 'Retarded Chrome Bumper Tits' club on this forum. "Not only am I the President of the RCBT, I'm also a member."

I actually like them straight out the back. Of course, I've got my Jeep for the rough stuff when I get the itch so mine aren't in any danger of getting squashed. Plus the whole set-up cost me $20 when a pal discovered he didn't like how loud it was on his truck.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Mister 4x4 said:
I guess I'll make a motion to form the 'Retarded Chrome Bumper Tits' club on this forum. "Not only am I the President of the RCBT, I'm also a member."

I actually like them straight out the back. Of course, I've got my Jeep for the rough stuff when I get the itch so mine aren't in any danger of getting squashed. Plus the whole set-up cost me $20 when a pal discovered he didn't like how loud it was on his truck.
What if you would like to join but you have the painted sport rear? Would I be Pres of the RPBT (Retarted Painted Bumper Tits) club? :)
Anyways, I like the straight out the back look, and with 4" tips, it looks less like what you may consider "tits".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.