Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok

I contacted my local parts store and they have the Haynes repair manual for the 3rd gen ram. All engines. 2 and 4wd. Even the diesel.

Is this manual any good? Easy to follow and use?

Any reviews would be great

·
Registered
313 Posts
Someone posted up a FREE copy of the shop manual for our trucks a few months ago. Maybe it's still out there. An electronic copy from Dodge normally runs around $100 last time I checked.

·
Registered
299 Posts
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343307

Forget Haynes. Use the real deal.

I just used the forum search and found this service manual for the 08's.

Someone here was kind enough to post the '04 manual and it has saved me lots of headaches. Thumbs up to you dudes.

·
'08LaRam
680 Posts
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343307

Forget Haynes. Use the real deal.

I just used the forum search and found this service manual for the 08's.

Someone here was kind enough to post the '04 manual and it has saved me lots of headaches. Thumbs up to you dudes.
I downloaded this Manual and it is the real deal. It does take a while to download and is a really big pdf, over 10,000 pages...but well worth the time and space on your computer. Thanks again to the original Poster for the Manual.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Haynes is a joke.

·
Red Trucker
2,583 Posts
Weed has the manuals in his signature. I have those and some Jeep and Dakota/Durango manuals as well.

·
MADBRAD
1,155 Posts
The Haynes manual is good for basic info like spark plug gap and fluid capacities and so fourth but other than that the manual is very vague. It claims to be for 2002-2008 but has very little info on the 06-08s. May not seem like big changes in those last years but the front suspension and interior are completely different and it makes no reference to these changes.

·
Red Trucker
2,583 Posts
The Haynes manual is good for basic info like spark plug gap and fluid capacities and so fourth but other than that the manual is very vague. It claims to be for 2002-2008 but has very little info on the 06-08s. May not seem like big changes in those last years but the front suspension and interior are completely different and it makes no reference to these changes.
Not to mention the electrical/wiring system differences.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank for the link folks. I'll be downloading that for sure.

You guys are awesome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.