DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those of you who have had one for a while - especially if set for economy - have you had any troubles? Specifically I was wondering if running at the lower RPM will do any harm to the the engine/drivetrain. I'm no mechanic.

Sometimes while entering a freeway, if the car in front isn't going as fast as me, and I have to take my foot out, the RPM drops requiring me to punch it to regain power. Kind of annoying, but mostly concerned if it's a problem. I do enjoy the increased milage though. About 1.5 - 2 mpg since I installed it 5k ago. I run at about 1700 rpm at 60mph.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I notice the same RPM thing on my stock PW. I have no CAI nor chip, only a dumped 3030. I just figured coming from the 6-speed Cummins to an auto Hemi, it was part of the nature of the beast. I hate autos :banghead: . And I really notice it more with the Aero because it always drops down into the drone zone.

·
Code Red
2,612 Posts
I've got two issues that I've opened ticket with Flashpaq for.

1. Stumbling between 30 - 40 MPH where the RPM is between 1 - 2K RPM under medium acceleration.

http://www.flashpaq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14920

2. Stalls in 4-lo. I had this happen three or four times wheeling Rio Puerco when cresting a steep grade and taking my foot off the accelerator. We even caught it happening on video.

http://www.flashpaq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2910

And caught on video:
http://www.youtube.com/v/TdOFKTvMpBg

Other than that, I'm relatively happy with it. I will say the customer support over there bites. When I opened my ticket on the stumbling (which a number of people on the forums are experiencing with the PWs) I was told they had two PWs in their shop trying to figure out what it was. That was over a month ago. Follow up inquiries are just ignored. I can't image whoever loaned them the PWs did so for this long, so they either didn't figure it out, or they didn't post the fix.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ldgregory said:
I've got two issues that I've opened ticket with Flashpaq for.

1. Stumbling between 30 - 40 MPH where the RPM is between 1 - 2K RPM under medium acceleration.

2. Stalls in 4-lo. I had this happen three or four times wheeling Rio Puerco when cresting a steep grade and taking my foot off the accelerator. We even caught it happening on video.

Other than that, I'm relatively happy with it. I will say the customer support over there bites. When I opened my ticket on the stumbling (which a number of people on the forums are experiencing with the PWs) I was told they had two PWs in their shop trying to figure out what it was. That was over a month ago. Follow up inquiries are just ignored. I can't image whoever loaned them the PWs did so for this long, so they either didn't figure it out, or they didn't post the fix.
I wonder if setting it for performance would make a difference? I checked and there are no updates for the 3815 since I bought it this summer.

·
Code Red
2,612 Posts
Wow.. Something must have happened. There's a tune ready for me to download to see if it fixed it.

Let you all know tomorrow night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts