DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rumble Bee #2669
285 Posts
I've driven one... It was a mid-level truck. They just got a loaded one in yesterday that I am going to look at, even though it's the wrong color.

I like the truck, it's a matter of if the price is right...

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
My brother has had his since March 30th. I don't talk to him so I don't know how he likes it.

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Plenty of reports on the ED. Most of them post on Ram 1500 Diesel forum and not to much on the other forums.

Seeing some excellent mpg reports, one individual towed about 6k pounds from Washington to Alaska and wrote up a great report about it and also got 14 mpg.

Some minor issues on a couple of trucks but, it looks like Ram jumped on them real quick.

Owners are very pleased with them.

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
wish thay towed more

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
It's a half ton with coil spring rear, how much more would you like it to pull?

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
wish thay towed more
I'd be happy with tow numbers but the payload numbers are crap! The ecoD I was looking at had a payload of 900-pounds!!! The members on the ecoD site are telling me the payload number is a low-ball because Ram hasn't truly tested what the ecoD 1500 can do yet. I'm being told that the ecoD payload is in-line with my 2002 IF I get rid of the Crapyear tires and install some true LT tires. I'm still in a holding pattern waiting for the final court papers so I have time to see what Ram does with those numbers. I really love the fuel numbers the ecoD members are seeing but if the difference in-between me being over loaded or not can be tipped with a cooler and snack lunch, I'd looking at another vehicle.

:imo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts