DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very annoying sound coming from under my dashboard on the drivers side that is driving me nuts. I've dealt with it for over a year but cant take it anymore. It only does it when the vehicle is in motion and I am pressing the gas pedal. It sounds like something vibrating against something else.

Anyways i have the service manual and it makes it sound like dash removal on gen 4's is an absolute nightmare.

Anybody no anyshort cuts or have any pointers for me.

It's an 09 Sport w/ every bell and whistle that was available at the time. And the dash is the leather looking stuff so I dont want to tear it up to bad in the process.

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
Do you happen to have a CAI? My 04 makes an annoying rattling sound that, to the best that I can figure, is just the engine firing. I posted up here about it and the only other idea I got was maybe the EGR noise is being amplified through the CAI.

Just another thought, but if you figure it out leme know as mine is making a sound of plastic on plastic behind the dash. Took the whole thing apart and nothing. Only reason I have my radio on 100% time too

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it's something under/behind/inside the dash cause when I get pissed enough I try to knock the dash out with a hammer fist right to the center and it stops for a couple minutes. Thats why I want to fix it before I damage the padding and leather wrap (or something worse) one day when I'm really pissed off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My good buddy is a journeyman mechanic for dodge and he told me he has had to take out and replace a few dash assemblies on warranty due to it coming loose and vinrating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.