DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to buy a new truck within the next year or so, and have been looking at the 2500 HD with the Cummins diesel. I really like the design and look of the current Ram trucks, and especially the 2500/3500 units. I know that for 06 the 1500 is getting a face lift, and I am not to fond of the new look. I have yet to be able to find any info on the redesign or what not of the 2500/3500. Does anyone have any info to share about this? If they change the look of the heavy duty trucks as well, I may have to look to another brand. I really like the Dodge for the powerplant that it has, none of the others on the market can compare in my opinion. I know that I could buy a used current model next year, but I really want a new one, and getting one right now is out of the question, as I will be working outside the U.S. for the next year.

Please, any info would be great. Thanks :)

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
All 06's have the ugly new front end, a Dakota on steroids :pissmonke

·
Registered
101 Posts
The 06 is a MEGA cab. Go to dodge.com. There are pics and info there.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
jtkplc said:
The 06 is a MEGA cab. Go to dodge.com. There are pics and info there.
The Mega Cab is an option, all other body styles are still available

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That really sucks the big one. I was hoping that the new style was only on the 1500's and that they would leave the 2500/3500's alone. I think the MegaCab looks horribly mis-proportioned. Looks like I need to start looking at the Ford Super Duties, at least they still look good, I wish they would have had the Cummins in them. Oh well. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Dr. James said:
That really sucks the big one. I was hoping that the new style was only on the 1500's and that they would leave the 2500/3500's alone. I think the MegaCab looks horribly mis-proportioned. Looks like I need to start looking at the Ford Super Duties, at least they still look good, I wish they would have had the Cummins in them. Oh well. Thanks for the info.

I Dont know if you have looked into ford lately or not but they just Recalled 260,000 Diesel equped vehicles for stalling problems. Thats not good. Im sure dealershipes will have some left over 05's next year! Just get one of those.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i usually trade every year. but i hate the looks of the new Mega Cab. it is nothing but a HD Dakota which, to me, is just about the ugliest truck on the market today. i guess i will keep my 05 for a little while longer.

Britt

:)

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
I think people should reserve judgement on the new Ram until they see it in person. Jumping on the "it's ugly" bandwagon now is just going to make us all look silly in a few months when we see it up close and decide we like it. ;)

And what's wrong with a Dakota on steroids!?!??

LOL

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
FreeLantz said:
I think people should reserve judgement on the new Ram until they see it in person.
Been there, done that and its still ugly no matter what you do to it. Its still better than any Ford though :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.