DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of people are keen on dropping the D but personally im thinking of putting a small lift kit.. I was wondering if anyone has any news on a lift kit that might be in the production state or close to it.. Thanks...

·
Investigator
992 Posts
good luck with that.. I posted a suspension lift a long while back, but it was an unknown company and was a lot of $$.

I think you are stuck with cranking up the front to match the rear for the time being.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
The first gen Durango had to wait several years before there was a lift kit. Even now there is only 1 offroad capable lift kit (Rancho) for the Gen 1 Durango. The lift kit only works for vehciles with the PT4WD transfer case. The reason for lack of lift kits is that most lift kit manufacturers need to be assured of adaquate customer demand before designing and building these kits.

The Gen 2 is not well suited to offroading due to the low stance, low front bumper, vulnerable shock mounts, lack of LSD option, etc... The Gen 2 was really intended for drivers that were unlikely to take the vehicle on true offroad excursions. Since the Gen 2 was redesigned with better road manners compared to the Gen 1 Durango, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a lift kit any time soon.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have to agree with CanyonD on this one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
DurangoLmtd said:
good luck with that.. I posted a suspension lift a long while back, but it was an unknown company and was a lot of $$.

I think you are stuck with cranking up the front to match the rear for the time being.
What is involved with cranking up the front, as I would love to make my "D" level, instead of having a rake to it.

·
Investigator
992 Posts
It is turning your torsion bars. You can get a 2 inch lift as well as lowering. If Eibach re-releases their 3" drop springs for the rear, I will lower the front an inch with the torsion bars. I'll probably have a wheel or tire shop do it since it should be checked for allignment afterwards.

·
Registered
53 Posts
DurangoLmtd said:
It is turning your torsion bars. You can get a 2 inch lift as well as lowering. If Eibach re-releases their 3" drop springs for the rear, I will lower the front an inch with the torsion bars. I'll probably have a wheel or tire shop do it since it should be checked for allignment afterwards.
Thank You.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.