DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about making the kickpannel molds for the 02+ Ram trucks. They would fit the single cab, quad cab, and I'm not sure about the mega cab yet. I see that the Q-logic kicks are $149! :crazy: They are made from .125" ABS. I find them to be on the thin side. I would use .20" which is 150% thicker. The Q logic kicks only fit 5.25" speakers but they are countersunk 1/2". I would make the speaker a surface mount to gain the 1/2" depth and make them for 6.5" midbass drivers instead. Since the speakers will be surface mounted you will be able to use the factory grilles which would eliminate the need for me to include a set of grilles. I should be able to sell these for $99 or maybe even a group buy of 20+ @ $80 a set. Anyone interested?

·
ITS SO SLOW !
1,653 Posts
I would buy em all day joe just so you know . I know they would sell like wildfire too .

·
ITS SO SLOW !
1,653 Posts
When you get em done let me know i will be buying a few sets for the store .

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
I have been looking at kickpanels, lets see what you can come up with. And the 6.5" is what I am looking for. I have the bass and highs covered, but am a little short on the mids and this would help me out.

·
[]D [] []v[] []D
808 Posts
I like that idea...6.5's would really help even over the infinty system. Build em' i'm sure people will buy em.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I am in for a set!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey Joe,
If the quality is any where near that of your other items you will sell plenty.
Consider me in!!!! :rck:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Help me out. I wouldn't mind this set up, but my truck doesn't have any speakers in the 'kick panel' area. Maybe I am confused, so I need to ask. I have speakers in my front doors, the 6 x 9s. I don't have anything down in the foot well area, other than the plastic trim. Will your piece replace that trim and add a speaker there? If so, would your panel allow me to use a grille from one of the speaker manufactureres(since I don't have a factory grille)? Will the parking brake clear your piece?

Todd

·
BAMF
1,911 Posts
Hell yeah, I'm interested! I have a RC Ram, so I can't take advantage of your subwoofer enclosure, but these kick panel enclosures would be just what I was looking for!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I'm very interested also. However, I'd like to know about the parking brake clearance. And what factory grills are you referring to? There are the ones in the door, but those are molded to the door. And I would rather have stock Mopar grill cover compared to the speaker manufacturer grill, for the modified stock look.

·
Registered
908 Posts
first off, .2" plastic is 160% thicker....lol and i would be interested in a set;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
How much foot room would these take away? I would be fine but my buddies can't seem to keep their feet in the same place when I'm driving and I would be worried about having to install new speakers every week.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.