DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well lately ive been noticing a bit of rattling coming from my right left speaker in the door almost like its loose. So i started wondering if it was the channel i was listening to and as soon as i change it its gone! and when you change it back it will be good for about an hour or so and it comes back worst and worst every day. So if you have any ideas please let me know

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe a component in your radio is going bad (leaky capacitor, etc.). Do you hear the same rattling from another audio source (CD or cassette)? If not, it could be an issue in your tuner. If so, it could be an issue in the amplifier circuitry or power supply.

There are companies that refurbish the OE radios, or you could change to an aftermarket deck.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
maybe just a loose speaker. I had that in my jeep, somedays it wouldn't be there at all, other days I couldn't even lissen to the radio because it was so bad. I just had to retighten the speaker and it was gone.

·
I R SMRAT.
1,622 Posts
maybe just a loose speaker. I had that in my jeep, somedays it wouldn't be there at all, other days I couldn't even lissen to the radio because it was so bad. I just had to retighten the speaker and it was gone.
X2. Perhaps that one radio station you're listening broadcasts a bit more low bass than the others. This may be causing the rattle. Different radio stations broadcast with different frequency responses than others.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
i had the exact same issue with my dakota when i bought it. it turned out to be a dry rotted speaker.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i think im gonna try tightening the speakers up because thats what it sounds like

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.