DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister sent me these pics and she is concerned that something serious has happened to her Dodge. She pulled it out of the garage after not driving it for about a month. She said she does have mice around. Does anyone have any idea if this debris is actually from original factory applied insulation or similar?

Thank you very much for your help as she lives by herself and I am 1000 miles away from her (I am in Texas and she is in Palm Springs).

·
Registered
9 Posts
It looks like the heat blanket from the hood. Have your sister check to see if any rodents have been chewing there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A rat got into the engine bay and chewed on a foam insulation that runs under the intake manifold but on top of the valley between the heads.It takes about 2 hours to replace. I had to replace mine because the rat ate the wireing to cylinder #6 . while I was fixing that,my son got the foam from the salvage yard for the complete repair

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it was the dreaded rodent! I need to let her know that if she doesn't do some preventative measures, they could do costly damage, like you said to the wiring.

Thanks a lot for the replies!

Brett......

·
Registered
8 Posts
It looks like the foam from insulator...but I think that chewing will not really affect your car but just to sure ask your mechanic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts