DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an open grommet or anything that i can run the power wire too or should i jsut drill a whole in the fire wall..Thanks

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what section and keyword should i search i tried all different combinations in the Audio sectio but no luck

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here is what I did on my 2005 2500 Diesel:
I used the drivers side battery and ran the power lead thru the left front fender toward the driver door hinges. You will find a foam filler just in front of the hinges. Just push the power lead past the inside of the foam and then you should find a rubber grommet about 1/2 way between the door hinges. Cut a x in this grommet and then push the lead thru to just behind the kick plate. Then fish the lead down to the gap under the plastic door sill plate(remove the sill plate first). If you have a quad cab you can fish it under the piller to the rear sill plate. There is another cover just behind and below the rear seat that you can pull loose by removing one bolt. I just pulled loose but did not completly remove this part.

I did not have to drill any holes and the power wire is routed down the drivers side while the rca leads and speaker wires are fun down the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got it thank you

·
Registered
444 Posts
On 04 and I guess 05 is the same if you have an automatic transmission from the inside look to the left of the brake pedal against the firewall, there is a spot where the cluch would go covered with a plastic filler, you can easily drill thru the plastic and use a grommet

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.