DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. Im a new to DT. I have a question for experts. I got a 07 hemi 4wd came with 20 inch wheels and for the winter i got a set of oem 17's and put 265 70 17 snows on. Now i would like to calibrate the truck to the wheels. I have acess to the jeep scan tool i think its the same thing. thanks all

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
It is not the rim size that needs to be recalibrated, its the overall height of the tire that makes the difference. I just had to let me dealer know how many revolutions per mile the tire makes and they change it in their computer. If the height of the 17's and the 20's with tires is the same then you dont have the change anything. Welcome to Dodgetalk!!!

You can compare the two different tires you have using this to find out how much they are actually off.
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the link. That means im adding extra miles on the odometer the way it is now. I will try to talk to dealer about this

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
You have to go in to miscellaneous with the drb3 and select pinion factor, then scroll down to the size of the tires you have on it, and that is it!

·
Dodge Tech
1,609 Posts
if its a 2007 it would be a star scan Not a drb theres a big diffrance its hard to belive but it would be under vech prep..

5 years chrylser masrter cert
2 years viper cert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.