DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting fuel the other day and a 05 SLT Sport 4x4 pulled up next to me... (How do I know it was a 05... because I asked the guy).

Is there a difference in OEM/Stock suspension setup between my 05 SLT 4x4 and a 05 SLT Sport 4x4?

For some reason that truck looked like it was a bit lower than mine. I asked again, and he hadn't touch the suspension. Of course he had the 20" wheels/tires... I wonder if that made it look a bit more Street Friendly.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
definetly... 20s make it look different, if he had the hemi sport 4x4 then he has the ground effects (side steps, rear valence, and a thing under the sport bumper...)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I thought... I cant believe the 20's made that big of difference. Yup, he had the ground effects kit all around.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
wierd for a 4x4 eh. they must be aiming at the so called "MAJORITY" who buy 4x4s and dont use them. crazy isnt it?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man, here we go with the "why buy a 4x4 if your not going to use it" rant...

Welcome to the 21st century... 4x4's aren't just for the outdoors man anymore. Alot
more people are getting 4x4's, even though the vehicle will never see dirt, because they like the added safety or for some other reason.

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
byrdawg13 said:
wierd for a 4x4 eh. they must be aiming at the so called "MAJORITY" who buy 4x4s and dont use them. crazy isnt it?
Crazy? Ridiculous is a better word.

·
Registered
518 Posts
If it said Hemi Sport on the rear quarter panel then it's a 2wd, AFAIK the Hemi Sport was never available as a 4wd. But the regular Sport package, without the ground effects, shouldn't have a different suspension.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Saint said:
But the regular Sport package, without the ground effects, shouldn't have a different suspension.
Exactly. All the Sport package is these days, is an appearance package consisting of painted grille and bumpers.

The trucks with 20-inch wheels are taller than their 17-inch wheel counterparts, both in 2wd and 4wd. The difference is about two inches, truck for truck.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
there was a 4x4 with a body kit...i know it for a fact.....pointless!!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
byrdawg13 said:
there was a 4x4 with a body kit...i know it for a fact.....pointless!!!!
Yeah, it's called the Daytona. And the Ground Effects kit is a Dealer Installed Option.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Saint for the answer I was looking for....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.