DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys, I have a QC 06 CTD 4x4 truck...

Has anyone made a custom 2" fron hitch receiver for a winch set up? Do you guys think I could hold the front receiver in place by hooking it up to where the 2 front tow hooks are without welding the receiver to the frame?

THX in advance

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
kmu said:
HI guys, I have a QC 06 CTD 4x4 truck...

Has anyone made a custom 2" fron hitch receiver for a winch set up? Do you guys think I could hold the front receiver in place by hooking it up to where the 2 front tow hooks are without welding the receiver to the frame?

THX in advance
I have a few pics in the thread that the link takes you to. There are a number of ways to do it but i recommend a custom install to keep your front approach angle decent. I would not recommend welding to the tow hook bar. I considered doing this as well and two different welders advised me against it for strength concerns. I would also not weld directly to the frame. Use some hardware instead. If you use a manufactured front hitch without modifying it, it will exit below the front bumper and be a very effective anchor off road.
As high as mine is, i still managed to dig my winch cradle into the rocks a few weeks ago but it held up very well, no breakage or bending. Have fun and remember, "it can never be too strong".

Attachments

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a CTD, what size winch is recommended?

I want to use the holes where the tow hooks bolt, build a custom receiver for a hitch and probably a set of offroad lights and bolt it directly to where the tow hook bolts holes are...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.