DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there? I'm wondering how these things drive compared to the previous models. We just got one in our fleet but it was off the lot before I could take it for a spin. The driver who was in it said it was a lot more "peppy" than the older ones and had a real nice ride to it. Either way, I want to take one for a spin or hear from someone who has.

· Registered
7,215 Posts
local dealer just got an 08 TRX4 in and they REALLY look sharp in person.

· Registered
441 Posts
I test drove the new 08 Hemi, and they are very nice. I'm still wondering if anyone has drove the new 4.7 with 300+ hp. Had a guy come by my work yesterday to pick up some freight, and he had a rental 08 Ram with the 4.7. He said it for sure would get up and go. Also It had a nice mild rumble to it just being stock. It sounded sweet

· Registered
441 Posts
I didn't get to test drive the new 08 4.7 because my dealer didn't even have ONE on the lot yet.

· Registered
441 Posts
Sorry meant to put this in the Ram section. sorry guys

· Registered
47 Posts
I ordered an 08 last week ... with the v8... but its going to be 4-7 weeks before I get it =/ (and before you wonder why I ordered it with out test driving a v8.. its got to be better than the v6, and with where I live .... Our dodge dealer is the best dealer of any make within 25 miles of here as far as service goes....

· Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've seen an all black Sport edition in person and it looks amazing (IMO). My concerns are the power increase and hopefully they got rid of the old "caddy" type bounce in the front end.

My dealer has 2 Ram Big Horn Editions with the 4.7 but the salesman swore that they weren't the 300HP 4.7 because only the 09's will have this. I took it with a grain of salt because they are morons.

· Registered
738 Posts
I have ran into the same problem, some of the dealers around here don't stock them, and it seems the ones that do only have ext cab v6's and only 2wd. If I buy one it looks like I will have to order it and I hate to order something that I have never even seen, set in, or much less had the chance to test drive at least something similar to the way I would want it ordered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.