DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was just out at my truck disconnecting the anti-sway bars and realized I might be disconecting the wrong thing. Im taking the bar off that is from the drivers side of the frame down to the axle on the passangers side. Then I saw the bar thats attached to the frame on both sides and runs down to each coil platform on the axles. So wich is it??? I see that same bar on the back. But not the other one. I figured that I would just stop and ask befor I get any farther.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The bar you are starting to disconnect.. Put it back it sounds like your track bar. it keeps the front axle square under the truck.
The sway bar is located about under the radiator and connects on a bracket in front of the coil springs there is a link connecting the bar to the bracket.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you have the track bar out... replace it. Your going to anyway. :cheers:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I put it back already and why am I replacing it anyway? I do like the articulation although I only disconected on side on each sway bar.(Ive hear you only need to disconect one) And on the rear it broke the balljoint off the side hooked up. Mayby since its still hooked to the axle? thanks for the info guys. And yeah that could have sucked disconecting the tracbar.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Take the entire bar off. You wont even now its gone. I ahvent run sway bars in years and I tow. V10 coils are stiff and dont allow much sway

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's that second bar that you noticed attached to both sides of the frame.

·
Registered
105 Posts
v10sport said:
Take the entire bar off. You wont even now its gone. I ahvent run sway bars in years and I tow. V10 coils are stiff and dont allow much sway
You really haven't noticed much difference having them disconnected? Do you know if the V-10 bars are that much stiffer than the 1500 bars? Did you get much more articulation by not running the sway bar?

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Get alot more flex out of it. Before you pull it, disconnect and drive it on the street and see how it feels. If you want it on, just bolt it back up. My springs are pretty stiff, so that may make a big difference

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I noticed it was a little different with them disconected. But nothing like I thought it would be. Good flex:) I got my front tire about 1" from rubbing the top of the fender.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.