DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Spaz
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, gotta question.. my truck has been hard to start lately. Well, this guy I'm seeing investigated and discovered it's the anti-dieseling sensor, as he called it. It's closing when it's supposed to be opening. So he disconnected it, and that seemed to solve the problem. But my truck doesn't seem to like it out... it idles really high in park, and at a slow crawl it seems really shaky. I'm going to reconnect it. So how hard is it to change this sensor, if it's the piece acting up, and what price am I looking at?

Forgot to mention that my truck is an '89 D150

Thanks!

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
It just bolts to the side of the throttle body...no biggie. $55 at Advance Auto

Attachments

·
Spaz
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now I have more questions.. we have not adjusted or replaced the ISC. But I have acquired the trouble codes. Here's what I got... one then two flashes, three then five flashes, four and four flashes, and then end of codes. So here is what I've come up with and my questions.

12- Battery or computer recently disconnected. Direct battery input to controller disconnected within the last 50 ignition key-ons.
--- Would that be the disconnecting of the ISC sensor? That was unplugged a week ago. The battery has not been touched.

35-Idle switch motor fault - check connections
---- ISC faulty? So that just means it's bad wiring? Or just needs an adjustment?

44- Battery temperature out of range
--- WTF does this one signify?

If anyone could help, that would be great!!

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
The code 44 could be a bogus code unless you have a battery temp. sensor, which I doubt.

It's possible that the ECM lost power at some point tiggering the code 12.

The important code is the code 35. It could be bad wiring, a loose connection, or a faulty sensor. Eliminate a wiring problem by checking the wires leading from the ISC to the ECM. This can be done by doing a continuity test using a mult-meter from the ISC connector to the appropriate ECM connector cavities.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Here's a couple of diagrams. They're from a 1990 Ram Van, but I think they should be the same.

Attachments

·
Spaz
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Allright.. update.finally.. lol

It was just out of adjustment, apparently. A little tweaking and it seems to cooperate, even though it does have a tendency to start at high idle, for a brief moment or two.

Other than that, it's all good now! Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
140 Posts
the starting at a high idle is ok, Mine has been doing that since I bought the truck 5 years ago. as long as the throttle goes down asfter star up you should be ok.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.