DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone know where I can get a new antenna lead? I just got the screw in antenna part(23 bucks from dealer) and it still doesn't work, I am fairly certain that the radio is good. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

· Seating for 12
1,896 Posts
The dealer antenna should work just fine.

Is the antenna making good contact to the vehicle body as a ground? Does the antenna lead wire connect properly into the back of the radio?

Is the antenna wire between the radio and the physical antenna old? It may have a wire break inside of it and need replacing.

How is the antenna seal to the body? Is it damaged or dried out?

Now for the other questions.

Before the antenna problem, did any of these things take place:

- Installed new plugs and wires (non-resistor type)
- Install new coil
- Added other electrical accesories to the vehicle, ie radar detector, big sound AMP, power inverter, ...

Sometimes devices or componets can cause interference with the antenna from working correctly.

Now for the radio.

Was this radio new or the original in the vehicle?

If it was new, it's possible that the wire lead doesn't make good contact to the radio. So, wraping the wire lead center tip with aluminum foil could help. Just make sure the faoil doesn't touch the ground on the wire lead nor the radio.

If its the original radio, diodes, resistors and the like could have gone bad making the radio reception lost.

Like Alloro mentioned. A good bone yard would help for either an OEM radio and antenna. But since you already have the dealer antenna, chances are it's fine.

· vanner
511 Posts
That french tail light looks great! More pics of that dodge please. Whos is it?

· vanner
511 Posts
Good lookin van, I checked out your garage, I hadnt even notice the side marker was gone, really nice mods, clean van.

If I could do body work or afford it, I could see having my taillights frenched, really looks good.

· The Dodge Family
62 Posts
Hi Dan,
Thanks.
The bodywork was not that difficult. I´m not a professional nether, but I had it all done by myself except the paint. The frenching of the tail light is rather easy, because the lights already fit into the whole when You take the chrome trim aside.
I´m thinking about puttin' a how to article on the forum.
Achim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.