Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CDavid
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks!!

I have the SRT10 a-pillar gauge pod and a Autometer gauge that I am going to install shortly. I bought a B&M drain plug kit that you can install in a A/T pan to drain the oil without pulling the pan. It has a threaded plug in the center of the drain plug that is exactly the same size as the sending unit. Before I drill a hole in my stock pan, and use this for my sensor port, has anyone ever spliced into the harness that controls the trans temp idiot lamp? Can this be done or do you have to use the sending unit that comes with the gauge? I have the Autometer Ultra Lite II.
Thank you for any advise you have.

·
Lovin that CTD!!!!!
345 Posts
As far as I know, you cannot use the factory harness for the Autometer gauges.
Personally I would not use the temp in the pan as a accurate temp location. The oil in the pan is oil that has already been cooled from the cooler. (if you have one). The most accurate temp gauge location is in-line from the trans to the cooler. This will tell you what temp the trans is actually running. JMHO.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The above is good advice. If you have an Autometer gauge, spend a few bucks more and buy the inline manifold from Autometer (summitracing sells it). I've had mine a couple years now and I'm glad I didn't put the sender in the pan.

·
Registered
908 Posts
i second the manifold notion, i have had mine installed for about a year now as well, i had a custom speedhut gauge made, so the manifold had to be drilled and tapped for the sending unit they use....but alls good now, and it was a tranny saver pulling my trailer through the applachians

·
Acoustics
1,338 Posts
which line is the HOT COOLER LINE or FORWARD LINE...thats my my install sheet says?

·
Registered
423 Posts
There's probably an easier way, but the way I did it several years ago on a different rig was to:

Start it up and put it in "D" for a few minutes. Put it back into "P", shut it off and climb underneath. Feel both transmission lines... one should be warmer than the other. The warmer line is the line from the xmission to the cooler.

Happy Hunting !!!

·
Acoustics
1,338 Posts
is there any other way to check or kno which line is which or is that how everyone figures it out???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.