DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get new tires, bigger, and something that handles the snow better. Also something a bit more aggressive looking. I like the Nitto terra grapplers, but whats up with te new Dune grapplers? Also, I will not be offroading that much, mostly street and highway, but in the northeast, the winters can get pretty snowy. these are my thoughts, I have 20 rims now with no lift, and thinking of putting new tires on these rims and keeping them all year round, OR I have a set of 17" rims from my last ram, and maybe thinking about just putting the snow tires on them and use them as my spare set? Anyone have any thoughts I would appreaciate it. Thanks alot.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
throw a set of 265 70 17 BFG At's on the 17" wheels, should see you through

the dune grapplers are more of a show tire/sand tire from what I've seen, the terra grapplers are good, but I hate the mud grapplers

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, i'll skip on the dune grapplers, they just look pretty sick. Still not sure if I just want to throw new tires on the 20's for all year round...

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
I agree with Chauncy, if you are looking for a good all around tire and most of your driving is street driving get some all terrains ands stay away from the Mud Grapplers, besides if you value your gas mileage you will get a all terrain or street tire instead of an aggressive mud tire ;)
my work uses Geolander All Terrains and they seem to hold up pretty well but no experiance with them.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just so we don't go any further with this, i'm NOT interested in the MUD grapplers, just the regular grapplers. I do a little offroading from time to time, but not big mud type. Also, if I WERE to go with the 20's, would my tire size that i'm looking for be 305/55R20 ????

·
6,355 Posts
paintrman said:
just so we don't go any further with this, i'm NOT interested in the MUD grapplers, just the regular grapplers. I do a little offroading from time to time, but not big mud type. Also, if I WERE to go with the 20's, would my tire size that i'm looking for be 305/55R20 ????
305/55/20 would be a good size but am not sure if you would have to crank the torsion bars a little or not .... if you step up to the 325 on stock rims you will rub the sway bar on hard turns for sure even with a torsion bar crank so I wouldnt touch the 325's.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
305 55's fit without cranked Sherdep

if you get tires for the 20's, definitely get the 305 55 20 terra grapplers

·
6,355 Posts
Chauncy said:
305 55's fit without cranked Sherdep

if you get tires for the 20's, definitely get the 305 55 20 terra grapplers
thanks for clarification cause I wasnt sure ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts