DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the site and really appreciate all the info. being shared. I have an 05 Hemi QC 4X4 off road package and want to level it. 4 Wheel Parts here in Austin said they will only crank the T-bars 1 inch because the plastic cover on the cv boots will break. Has anyone had this happen. They also said a 33" tire is all I can fit after the 1 inch increase, but I'm pretty sure I can fit a 33" right now. I would appreciate any info or advice. Thanks!

·
Banned
4,873 Posts
you can fit a 33" tire right now, and a 1" t-bar crank would be good and safe to do some people do more, but I'd stay around 1".

·
MFIC
682 Posts
I cranked mine about 1.5" (3-4 turns). Before that I slapped on the 315/70/17 BFG which are 34.5" tall (i think??) and they fit with no rubbing. Check out my gallery for how it would look. You will love the look.. DO IT!

·
Registered
144 Posts
There are volumes of posts written on this subject. Do a search and be prepaired to read. You will find everything from how many inches u could or should crank the t-bars to tire size to the need of longer front shocks after lift. Most if not all of the posts on this subject are based on user experience which means they are generally dependable. Read, Read, Read and come up with your own conclusions. To answer part of your question regarding tire size, 35's will definatley fit after a minor t-bar lift. Some claim they will fit on an un-lifted. 33's will fit stock because thats what I'm running. As far as "CV's," this is where it gets heated. Some say that t-bar adjustments were intended for minor adjustments and otherwise you would be compromising the integrity of your front suspension. Others have theirs almost maxed out and claim to have done so for years. Just keep in mind that after a t-bar lift a wheel alignment will be needed. Have fun reading and coming to your own conclusion.

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
RV Guy said:
There are volumes of posts written on this subject. Do a search and be prepaired to read. You will find everything from how many inches u could or should crank the t-bars to tire size to the need of longer front shocks after lift. Most if not all of the posts on this subject are based on user experience which means they are generally dependable. Read, Read, Read and come up with your own conclusions. To answer part of your question regarding tire size, 35's will definatley fit after a minor t-bar lift. Some claim they will fit on an un-lifted. 33's will fit stock because thats what I'm running. As far as "CV's," this is where it gets heated. Some say that t-bar adjustments were intended for minor adjustments and otherwise you would be compromising the integrity of your front suspension. Others have theirs almost maxed out and claim to have done so for years. Just keep in mind that after a t-bar lift a wheel alignment will be needed. Have fun reading and coming to your own conclusion.
Well Put!!!! :rck:

danny boatright and RV Guy - Welcome to the boards!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Kip is right on, well put RV Guy, you've obviously read a lot here yourself. Welcome to both you and Danny B. I did my research, bought torsion keys, but in the end, didn't use them, simply cranked the TBars right at 5 turns, replaced the shocks (I chose to replace all 4) and then had the front end alignment done. There hasn't been a documented case here in the Forum from torsion bar failure or axle boot failure due to cranking the torsion bars and several of us searched for ANY mention of component failure from t-bar cranking.

Onward, through the fog!

Zach

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.