DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually plan to do this mod this summer.

Since my hood paint sucks, and this isn't a show truck by any means, I was thinking of just painting the hood flat black. I'd also like to cover the grey bottom half with black bedliner (after I repair the rust on the door).

I'm not sure if I'd like to change the grill for black as well or not. Same with the chrome in the bumper.

Just for fun, can you do an extra one and throw the Punisher Skull on the hood?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Quck & Dirty

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
Honestly, why not just try bedlining the whole rig?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honestly, why not just try bedlining the whole rig?
I thought of that. If it were a 4wheel drive, used for off roading, I'd probably do it. I would worry though about rust. If something (like my door) were rusting from the inside, I wouldn't know it until it was too late. I haven't worked with the stuff yet, and I'm not sure how well I could do it myself and make it look good. If I was going to pay to have it done, I might as well re-paint the truck I think. I'm not looking to spend that much money.

The reason I want to use bedliner across the bottom is that I plan to repair the door rust myself and I don't think I can do great body work. So I'll do the best I can, then cover it up with beadliner.

Also, I planned to paint the hood, not bedline it. I wonder how much weight that would add and would the springs still hold it up? How well does bedliner hold up to the heat that the motor puts on the hood?

Maybe I should reconsider bedlinering the whole truck.

·
Registered
768 Posts
there is a 3rd gen that is painted with all bedliner on this forum, i think its in their picture thread, or rye might know, he's in that section. if i remember right, it is used in the desert, so heat shouldn't be a problem

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
His name is triniguy26. Here's some before and after's of his rig: Click to make bigger:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.