DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again guys and gals.
I'm back again, this time with an A/C problem.
The A/C had been working fine and then suddenly quit.

I checked the fuse, it was good.
I checked the relay, it was good.
I checked the 134a freon level, sufficient to work.
I jumped pins 30 and 87, still wouldn't run.
Swapped out the high pressure switch on the accumulator with my 07' Caravan which is working, still wouldn't run.

So I pulled the alternator to get at the A/C compressor and wiring.
I jumped the clutch and it worked fine.
So I tested the power to the clutch at the clutch connector, it had power when the relay pins #30 and #87 were jumped, so I tested the ground at the connector and it was good.

So I put it all back together and then jumped pins #30 and #87 but still no A/C.
It would seem that all that is left is the ECM. Have I missed something?
I don't see anything else on the wiring diagram.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now on further thought, it's possible that the connector has become defective.
I base this on the fact that it tested good but after I reassemble it, the clutch didn't engage.
I'll try wiggling the wire and connector if I can get to it and see if the clutch engages.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's what it was, a bad connector.
I tried to repair it but with no luck so I just spliced them together and now the AC works fine.
I find my self in that exact same boat. I replaced the relay, the resistor, the blower motor the AC switch panel. I feel like you have the answer. What connector is it? is it the plug that hooks to the rear of the AC switch panel? I need to fix this before winter! Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The connector that caused my problem was the one at the compressor clutch, underneath the alternator. Hard to get to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts