DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Joined on here immediately after picking up my 2002 SLT Sport 4x4 QC 5.9L GAS back in Nov. Finally getting around to posting some pics.

So far: 1 1/2" torsion bar crank, 20% tint on the front windows, and Hella 500FF's behind the grill.

Only had 56K miles on it when I bought it, came with matching side steps, a diamond plate toolbox, bed guards, bed rails, spray liner, loaded interior, and in great shape for being almost 7 years old. (oops also ... Flowmaster 40 series with slant tips, can't forget those) :)

Loaded w/ leather, heated/power seats, 20", tow, power peddles, lots of stuff, etc...

Once the tires wear down, will look at larger tires and maybe swap out wheels to 18" - will revisit that down the road!!

Here are the pics:

Looks like just a few of us with the 5.9L gas motors, but have read all of the threads I could dig up. Good stuff here!!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Very nice ... :drivingz:

·
Too much violence
3,892 Posts
Looks pretty clean. I had a 5.9L gasser, and I never had any problems with it. You can't kill those motors!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are a few small dings and blemishes on it, but gotta look hard for them :)
the paint and interior is clean and everything was maintained, with records...

The dealership was very willing to negotiate to move it off the lot :)

Hopefully, it will keep us happy for a few years - and give me something to tool around with :)

·
Premium Member
10,539 Posts
Nice looking truck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice and clean...and yes, 360 gas engines are durable. Check out the 2d gen forum for more info on engine upgrades, tweaks, etc.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
Nice truck and I bet you got a great deal on it. :tup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I feel like I got a good deal, but hard to tell with today's market. They were originally asking 12K for it, I got them down to 10K rather easily... then gave them my trade in... a 1998 Volvo sedan with 170K miles. (book price was 1-2K)

After a few days of back-n-forth, we gave them the Volvo and a check for $7500 out the door.

Originally, I was turned off by the 5.9 due to mpg issues, but it appears to be only 1-2 mpg difference compared to the 4.7. Plus, this one was in great shape and already had all of the extra "nice to have's" included, rather than "nice to have's" required.

Granted, it is no Hemi engine, but it runs well and sounds great with the Flowmaster 40's.

Looking forward to gleaming more knowledge from this place...

Tim-

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,412 Posts
Nice truck

·
bubbagoonboy
798 Posts
Man i feel like i got ripped off!!! they were asking 9900 for my 2002 5.9 1500 and i gave them my trade in for 2900 so i paid 7000 and it has 100,000 miles!!!

Damn i suck at negotiating i guess.

·
Registered
86 Posts
looks good...... Welcome to DT.....:rck:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I found the truck at a Hyundai lot. They took it in on trade, the previous owner must of gotten raped on the trade in towards an econo-box. When gas was $4/gal, no one wanted these, let alone the dealers...

·
1 TIM 6:12 Fight RIGHT!!
2,160 Posts
Welcome to the DT family man!! Nice to see a fellow silver 02 QC owner. It looks REALLY clean!!. The 5.9 will be a good motor for modding.

·
locogk
5,856 Posts
very nice i proberly paid a little to much for my truck but we love it so its ok with me

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
Nice looking truck

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Agreed, price means little when comparing different vehicles, different markets, different dealerships, etc...

At the end of the day, if you are happy - you got a good deal!!!

These things are not investments!!!

·
locogk
5,856 Posts
I guess thats what i was trying to say, i signed on the dotted line, we love the truck so we are happy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.