DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My heater is now only working on high, I tried to search but no success. A little back ground is that it started off when my AC drain was clogged and ended up backing into the cab. Got that fixed and then started to get a whine sound. The low stopped working and then just recently all from off to high have stopped working.

Any thoughts what is causing this?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sounds like the blower motor. The motor could of gottin wet and burned out a couple of speeds. It only takes 5 minutes to pull it out the dash, there are 3 screws under the passenger side of the dash.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
In the durango, theres a blower resistor that loves to fail, all speeds except high, this is one of the firsts I hear on the ram, but sounds like theirs a reason that it went. I'd check both the motor and resistor.

·
2005 Power Wagon # 2550
264 Posts
My fan shut off on a medium setting on my drive into work yesterday. I read up on the blower motor resistor and I'm sure that's what it was. I took a glance under the dash before I went to the parts store and I "jiggled" the wires and it started working fine again.

So step #1: Jiggle! ;)

·
Registered
439 Posts
So step #1: Jiggle!

That's what she said!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.