DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is on my 2001 Ram with a 5.2L. I ordered this off of Ebay about a month and a half ago. I'm in Canada which is this bad part because it took about a month of waiting on shipping. I paid 89 US. So it was $50 for the rig and 30 to ship it. Its a no name brand, which doesn't really both me. I think later after a few miles I'm gonna replace it with a K&N. But it includes everything needed, heat sheild, pipe, air hat, filter, clamps, hose, hardware, etc... But I personally was suprised on how it fit up. Went together fairly smooth and propbly only took an hour or so to install. The sound it make was different to get used too. But as far as power goes I'm not sure if I can notice much. Maybe a little more response as far as the 2K rpm range goes, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'd be happier if I seen a mileage increase if anything. But too I think it looks way nicer under the hood. Now I just have to wait for my other parts too come. :sigh: Dam Canada Post.

Anyway just thought I'd share this with you guys. Some pics below.

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Don't shiny new parts make the rest of the bay scream for a good detailing? Looks fair for the price, the airhat's a little flat for good airflow though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My experience in the past with cai on other makes is that your mpg will suffer.You will fall in love with the new throatier sound in 2nd gear or 2k-5k range in lower range of an automatic.You will see a little hp gain , but not mpg. sorry :( Mike

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Looks good..................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.