DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's just me but I can't get a major dealership to give a $hit about doing work on my Durango, they seem to be too busy working on someone Dodge that has major problems and can spend over $1,000.00 to fix what they have wrong and could care less about a job that cost less, because there are plenty of others standing in line.
Took the D into the dealer today @ 7:10 am to have them check a cupping problem with the front left tire and a problem with a ticking noise in the steering when driving at low (5-10 MPH) and can be felt in the steering wheel and the break pedal.
I know not to ever do this (go to a dealer) but I have have it at other shops and all they want to do is throw parts at it and hopes it helps, so I thought the dealer would be the best place to take it.
I have been working 14 hr. days including weekends (driving 1,000 miles a week) and finally had a day to ride with someone else so I took the D to the dealer with my fixes that needed to be done.
They finally called me at 5:30pm and said they could not duplicate the problem with the ticking in the steering and did not have time to get it on a rack to check the front end. I told them to leave it in the lot and would pick it up after hours, lock the keys inside and would not pay them anything for looking at it (I'm sure that's all they did is look at it across the parking lot).

Picked it up paperwork and keys under the floor mat and the mileage was the same as when I brought it in, they did not even take it for a test drive! WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL $HIT, they just blew me off, the repairs were not enough for them to make there daily quota if they worked on my D.

Sorry guy's I just had to vent and if anyone has a fix for my problems please post it and I will just have to find time to do it myself and I'm sure it will be a better job than the dealer can do.

The Dealer is: John Elway Dodge
10743 E. Arapahoe Rd.
Centennial, CO 80112

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Fred:

Enter that info in the dealer rating section. Yeah, F them damn dealers! Remember my VB replacement epic? It STILL ain't right, but I really don't want to get into it. Anywho, while it was in there for the VB, I had em do the BJ recall. I had dropped the D off to them at 7 AM! I was the 1st one in line. About 3 PM I get a call from them.

They were in the process of doin the BJ's when they noticed my front brakes (so they said). They told me the rotors were all pitted and grooved and that the pads were shot. At that point in time, I hadn't even hit the 20 K mark yet. The real funny thing, I had the wheels off just one week earlier, and had checked (actually, it was more a quick glance) the brakes. The rotors looked smooth to me, and the pads looked like they still had plenty of life left to em.

I told em I didn't even have 20 K on the D yet. Their response, well it is 4 years old. :VHOT: I tell em not to do the brakes, I don't want to use MoPar pads again. Hell no! Like you Fred, I have to pick the D up after hours, the shop is closed. I get the keys, get the D & head home. The pedal was like crap. Now I never did like the brakes, but now they really sucked the big one. A panic stop was more like a panic roll. :VHOT:

The wife tells me to check the fluid. Good idea. I pop the hood, go to the master, and sure enough, it's low. Not only that, the cap was just placed on, not screwed down. Hmmmm. :jmad: Now the steering makes all kinda noises too, it pulls a bit to the left and it don't stop, besides the tranny acting like pure crap. :dunno: I give up. I'm tired of their BS. Never the F again will I take my vehicle/s to a dealer!

Without fail, every damn time I took my D to the dealer for warranty work, it came back worse then when it went in. :VHOT: It'd then take 2 to 3 more trips to get it right again, IF it got right. :crazy: Naw, I don't need that crap. I've also been bitting the bullet when it comes to fixing the vehicles. With funds bein as bad as they are, I've been doin most of the repairs myself, and let me tell you, it hurts when I'm done. Oh well, like they say, if ya want the job done right, ya gotta do it yourself.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just got mine back yesterday... My Floormats are missing... WTF??? They admitted the problem existed though... I guess I am getting some new ones...

·
Registered
750 Posts
Oh man, dealership woes, don't even get me started, I haven't gone back since they produced some stupid sheet saying my problem was within acceptable standards (a whining sound at 42-45 mph when holding speed or slightly accelerating only with o/d on). They said it was my driveline acting like when you blow in a pop bottle, that kinda sound, it was like that, the engine revs produce resonance or some crap like that.

Thanks to Bamboo I just recently realized another small problem, when accelerator to the floor in 1st gear, my engine revs all the way to redline then won't shift till I let off the gas. We kinda came up with it could be the TPS, but not sure, anybody have this problem before, anybody offer anything else I should check out?

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
Fluid Level, TV Cable (pretty unlikely, won't hurt to check though), Valve Body (in that order since you'll have to drop the pan for the valve body).

Edit: forgot to mention you could be right about the TPS, I'd replace it second to last (if it isn't fluid level or tv cable adjustment) since it's fairly cheap ($35 or so).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Esh said:
...my problem was within acceptable standards...
That has been their tag line with me lately on almost every problem... It has been taking me three trips on every problem... I told them about the brake thing and brought it in, every time it was within Chrysler specs, "they said"... This last time, third in three months, all of the sudden everything was screwed up, they changed out everything, wheel cylinders and all... After parking for 4 hours or more the first application of the brakes would result in all four wheels violently locking up... All works great now...

Esh said:
...small problem, when accelerator to the floor in 1st gear, my engine revs all the way to redline then won't shift till I let off the gas...
This is exactly what was wrong with mine, also... Per my paper work they replaced the valve body 21950154 - 45RFE - Replaced and then reprogrammed the transfer case...

·
Registered
750 Posts
cardfan said:
This is exactly what was wrong with mine, also... Per my paper work they replaced the valve body 21950154 - 45RFE - Replaced and then reprogrammed the transfer case...
Any idea what those run?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey 1998dn I'm down here in Denver and about 6 months ago i brought my doge to Christopher's dodge world in golden for the ball joint recall. I wont get into detail at what the dealer griped at me for, (and a lady at corprate office who set him straight after 15 minutes), but i left it there they replaced them. Now i have problems with steering, alignment, and my brakes!! Before it went in it all worked better. So if i was you i would not take anything there either i wanted to take it back to them, but i am afraid that they will fix everything and while i'm driving down the road my wheels fall of :mad:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Esh said:
Any idea what those run?
Sorry I have no clue... It was under my extended warranty

·
Registered
834 Posts
Esh, don't mess with your TV cable. You could cause other shifting problems unless you know exactly what you're doing. Something like a missed shift should be diagnosed by a professional, and I'm not talking about a dealership either. They don't know shit if it doesn't spit a DTC.

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
Esh said:
Any idea what those run?
Don't quote me on it but I believe they run about $800 a pop. I have the invoice at home and if nobody chimes in for sure I'll try to remember to check it when I get there. (It was done under warranty or believe me I'd know EXACTLY how much it cost me).

I agree with Bamboo - I've never actually done anything with my TV cable myself, but I know if you dick with it enough it will hold gears like you're talking about (that's how the dealer "temporarily" fixed my valve body problem). Chances are it's going to be your valve body - but since the TPS is only $35, you might as well replace it first and hope for the best.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Ben:

WARNING!!!

That was what had happened to me when the dealer messed with the linkage, which was the begining of my valve body problems. Good luck bro, your gonna need it.

PS: Get your jar of Vasoline ready.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Ugg said:
Ben:

WARNING!!!

That was what had happened to me when the dealer messed with the linkage, which was the begining of my valve body problems. Good luck bro, your gonna need it.

PS: Get your jar of Vasoline ready.
I'm not touching the tv cable. As for the valve body, i'm going to replace the tps first, and if that doesn't fix it, I can just not let it run up all the way before it shifting out of first (aka take my foot off the pedal).

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Esh,
I replaced the TPS and it took care of a few problems I had with the Trans, I was amazed. It's been in now for 60 days and I have had no problems that I had before and no new problems. It's well worth the money if your having transmissions issues and before you take it to a shop and have them start on it.
Fred T.

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
1998DN said:
Esh,
I replaced the TPS and it took care of a few problems I had with the Trans, I was amazed. It's been in now for 60 days and I have had no problems that I had before and no new problems. It's well worth the money if your having transmissions issues and before you take it to a shop and have them start on it.
Fred T.
I agree, it's definitely worth a look. Unfortunately it didn't help me any (although it certainly didn't hurt either) - my problem was the VB.

·
Certifiable User
284 Posts
I'm Not sure if it's normal but my '94 Ram and my '03 D don't or have a long delay before coming out of first if you floor it. I have to let up some to get either vehicle to hit 2nd. The rest of the shifts are fine when floored. Both owners manual's have a blurb about not flooring it in first gear for this reason. I wonder if this is a "Normal Undersirable Product Charasteristic"(That is FoMoCo's catch all phrase for a crappy design flaw)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.