DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finding the newly designed Fox box as ugly IMO, I was sad and upset that I would never be able to have the older design Fox box again :(

So another boring day at work, lead me to the finding of a used sub box on craigslist...

Not just any sub box a Fox Accoustics Sub box!

The best thing was it was for 2 12inch subs and the older model.

Only Asking 50 Bucks!!!

Here is a pic of it installed somewhat, I still need to lift the seats, add some of that cotton padding inside the box, clean the white paint off of it and tune everything. :rck::rck::rck:

Pic taken with my HTC EVO at night :D

·
Official HEMI SPORT Owner
1,359 Posts
Congrats on the gold find! Last week I was reading how disappointed you was with the newest Fox box and this week you score................Crank it up!!!!

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Congrats. I was looking at the new model this morning also and like my older one better too

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

Hey Weed, dont you have the Kicker Cvrs also in your box? For some reason Im not getting a crisp solid sounding bass like I used to in my mdf rectangle box? Is that just because the design of the box or do I need to do something else. Will some of that polyfill fix this?

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Yeah I have 2 ohm DVC CVRs.

I dont know how crisp you want it. Is it the particular song or overall music genre you're listening to?

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it seems to be all the time. I had a mdf box and they were super loud and crisp a nice solid bass. I put them in the new box and they sound kinda rattely, there still loud just not crisp and solid like before. I've heard that could be from the box being made of plastic. Im going to try a few thing to see if it fixes the issue.

Going to bolt it down to the floor, use some polyfill, and try a few different settings. I listen to Country, Rock, Rap, and R&B.

·
Taste Adder Guy
1,212 Posts
Great score indeed. Congrats to you as well. I was following your thread agonizing over the new design.

-Mike

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the fox box 1.8^ft per side or for the whole box?

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
:jmad: ... I wish the box was in my truck and you had a fly in nose.

Just joking ... Damn that's a nice score!

:pty:

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ lol thanks haha

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
That box looks so much nicer than the new ones!

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That box looks so much nicer than the new ones!
Sure does :rck:

Went and bought some polyfill tonight. Bolted down the box and stuffed the box up with some polyfill and it sounds sooo much better. No more rattles or vibrations except for crisp deep vibrations of bass. :rck:

·
new kid
281 Posts
What's different about the new ones?
Yeah, polyfill helps a ton

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Sure does :rck:

Went and bought some polyfill tonight. Bolted down the box and stuffed the box up with some polyfill and it sounds sooo much better. No more rattles or vibrations except for crisp deep vibrations of bass. :rck:
Make sure you are bolting the box down through the floor pans. Mine would hit so hard I could literally watch it bounce up. I took my subs out and drilled a whole throw the bottom on each side and put a nut and bolt with rubber washers through it.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Make sure you are bolting the box down through the floor pans. Mine would hit so hard I could literally watch it bounce up. I took my subs out and drilled a whole throw the bottom on each side and put a nut and bolt with rubber washers through it.
Yep mounted through the floor pans. I just used some self tappers and called it a day.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
What are you guys using for polyfill?

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What are you guys using for polyfill?
Polyfill. I went to walmart and in the sewing section they have bags of cottton and polyfill. I bought the 50oz bag 9 bucks but only used about half of it. :rck:

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Looks like I'm going to wallyworld today. I guess I will only need 1/4 of the bag.

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
The box is .98 cu ft per side so it comes to 1.96 total. Wish the new one had a different design for the cup holder. I could use the extra volume for my subs.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.