DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Chix Ride
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my second dealing with them and my second complaint so for anyone that is thinking for going with them for parts i would think twice....

I got those A-arms and they didnt fit right the sway bar ends wouldnt go back in right there is but there in crooked(i even bought new ends)
and the A-arm is not made correctly we had to grind and weld to even make my bag fit in it...and of course since we did that they aint gonna take em back and to top it off they didnt make a difference:(

·
Chix Ride
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah me to...i have had probs in the past

i was hopin to save a lil by gettin A-arms instead of spindles i should of known better in the costomizing world its better to spend it and not try to save...lol
and Matt at gauge is tryin to see what he can do bout sending em back but i duno:(

·
Chix Ride
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah my arams were the same way...they didnt fit right things didnt line up....and with my first bag kit it was the same too..and it came with no instructions and u know how we do our own work it was the first bag setup we did...so instructions would of came in handy...i know the tech line got sick of us..lol

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ive heard of there shitty products, I think they sell 2 types of arms right? One for coils and one for bags? Which ones did u get. When i bought mine from DJM they are made to be used with a coil setup so i had to grind down some tabs that were on the surface of the control arms so the bag would sit flat. Now as far as the swaybar i had the same issue, i just removed the swaybar completely cuz it doesnt allow the control arms full movement and it actually does not allow u to lay out. It just gets in the way. With my setup i can layout my front crossmember. How far are u from laying out? Is there anything that is hitting? The tires on the fenders? Did u removed the cat, it does bottom out before the crossmember so i removed mine.

·
Chix Ride
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got the ones for the coils they were cheaper and we cut off the tabs like u did...and im 2inches from layin out the cross member and the converter isnt hittin yet..but when i does were gonna take it out...but we didnt have to yet and all my wheel wells are cut out tires arent hittin anything...

ok now to the sway bar that doesnt hurt ur control in coners cuz its all mountians and sharp corners around here... and member i drive mine to shows its not trailered
check out these pics my steiring wheel is striaght i dont think the Arms are made right

·
Registered
167 Posts
Do you have any pics of ur front setup without the rims?

·
Chix Ride
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no i forgot to take em...but i can cuz were gonna pull off the sway bar and see if that was stoppin it from goin lower...and u didnt answe me about the control with no sway bar....How often do u drive urs or do u trailer it??

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well i really havent driven mine that much, most of the time it been in the shop. We u have driven it, i really cant notice the antisway bar is gone and the anti sway bar really doesnt bother me here cuz we dont have any sharp corners or anything. Do you have a FB or a FBSS setup? If u have a FB setup you are going to feel the truck lean more cuz when cornering pressure is going to be applied to one of the bags which releases the air into the opposite bag causing there to be more body roll. If you have the bags setup independent it should be ok.

·
Banned
134 Posts
I lowered my 99 ram with chasis tech products from AIM and had absolutely no problems. The salesman was even nice and not to mention knowledgable. I guess its hit and miss.

·
Chix Ride
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i think ur right...im glad u got lucky...but see me if i didnt have bad luck i would have no luck....

and ram2nv i have fbss so im gonna give it a try and see what happens ill let u know thanx for all ur help and see this forum was a good idea....:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah sometimes with AIM it is hit or miss. Ive heard of lot of unsatisfied customers thou. They are coming out with this cool 7" touch screen that controls ur valves. I want it. Anybody want to be the guinea pig and try it out first? Ghetto girl? lol

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
What exactly are you referring to when you say "Do you have a FB or a FBSS setup?", are you talking about the valve setup? Each bag controlled by itsown valve?

·
Chix Ride
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ram2nv i would love to be the guinea pig But....sorry its from chassis tech so i am not buyin it...im done with them lol

sapper85 FB means front back only system, 4 valves and FBSS means front back side to side 8 valves which is what i have a fill and a dump valve for each bag

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
so essentially each bag is controlled by its own valve. OK. thats the setup the guy at showcase custom said he recommended going with for the exact reasons ram2nv said, body roll and all that. I was close in my thinking:) just wasnt to sure bout the abbreviations lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.