DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems there's a lot of topic on blower motor resistors blowing out. After the second one went I replaced the resistor, the motor and put a new plug on and I'm still blowing them. I attached a photo showing it's always the same two. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
There is current that make these connectors melt and discolor. I'm wondering if you add a ground wire from the fan, anywhere on its chassis to the truck body may benefit to help reduce the current going back thru that harness???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That I'm not sure about. I wouldn't know much about that as to where to place it at. I do know we've only been running it no more than the 3rd setting. There's 4 settings I believe and we haven't been running it on high and it's been working good now so I tend to believe it has something to do with running it on high.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you replace the plug again, I'd suggest making sure the female connections are good and tight then coat them with dielectric grease. The pins are burning up due to a loose connection.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK. Do I coat them before I snap them into the plug? After the plug is snapped in the pins are no longer accessible.

·
Registered
41 Posts
OK. Do I coat them before I snap them into the plug? After the plug is snapped in the pins are no longer accessible.
I recommend using a fine brush or Q-tip to make sure that the metal pins are covered. Now that you know those pins have a tendency to do that, as soon as you see discoloration on the plug you can address it then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.