DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will this amp supply enough power for 2 alpine type r 10" subs in a fox box. Kicker zx550.2 2 channel power amp. 205 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
275 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
550 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode
remote level control included with with 20' cable
stereo or bridged mono output
4-ohm stable in bridged mode
Tri-Way capable
3-way protection circuitry
speaker- and preamp-level inputs
bass boost (0-18 dB) centered at 40 Hz
variable high-/low-pass crossover (50-200 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
preamp outputs
two 40-amp fuses
Thanks in advance to those who read this and help and have helped answer my million questions.

· Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,223 Posts
Alpine type R 10" subs are rated for 500W RMS. You failed to say whether you had the 2 Ohm or 4 Ohm subs. There are several ways to hook up the subs since I believe all type R's are DVC subs.

The shortest answer is yes that amp can power those subs but is a bit on the small side since the subs min RMS is 200w. I'm in no way a professional installer so don't mistake my 2 cents for professional advice.

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a paper in the box that said 567 watts total maximum out put. The guy I bought it from said that if you bridge both subs that they both get 567 witch doesn't seem possible but I know anything about this stuff. He allso told me I could bring it back and switch for the bigger one if I changed my mind. I have not bought the subs yet but type-r seem to be top choice on here for a fox box I didn't know they came with diffrent ohm. I don't even know ohm means and unfortuanetly the guy I'm buying stuff from seems more intrested in a quick buck then helping me learn. Trying learn on the computer but I'm more confused then when I began. :help: :help: :help:

· Country Style
5,030 Posts
Here is how it can be wired with two 4ohm dvc subs for a 4 ohm load on the amp. This will be a safe 4 ohm bridged load for your amp. This will supply each sub with 275 watts since you have 550 watts produced by your amp on a bridged 4 ohm load. The total output will be divided between the two subs to find out what each one is receiving.

Attachments

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I should get the bigger amp, because thats just over the minimum of 200 watts right? Don't I want my amp to be closer to the 500 watts rms?

· Registered
3,221 Posts
If you want to use those subs I would get an Amp that is closers to 800-950 rms.
You also need to look at two things before you get the subs. Is the Amp 1 ohm stable or will you be running it at 2 ohm.
Chances are you will want to get a 1 channel amp that runs at 2 ohm.
If that is the case you will want to get the subs with 2ohm voice coils.
You would them wire the subs so they are 4 ohm each them wire them in parallel to bring them back to 2 ohm to match the amp.

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
to run 2 type R's in the fox box and have it perform well you will want a bigger amp. Joe always recommends at least 1000 watts for his dual 10" ported box

· Registered
180 Posts
BicycleBob said:
Will this amp supply enough power for 2 alpine type r 10" subs in a fox box. Kicker zx550.2 2 channel power amp. 205 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
275 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
550 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode
remote level control included with with 20' cable
stereo or bridged mono output
4-ohm stable in bridged mode
Tri-Way capable
3-way protection circuitry
speaker- and preamp-level inputs
bass boost (0-18 dB) centered at 40 Hz
variable high-/low-pass crossover (50-200 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
preamp outputs
two 40-amp fuses
Thanks in advance to those who read this and help and have helped answer my million questions.
Nope...First thing you will want to make sure you get the proper amp for your speaker configuration. Meaning if you have 2 type r's with 4ohm DVC (Dual vioce coils) you can wire them in parallel (like this) and get an amp like this one which is 1 ohm stable (like this one...click me). There are many different options as far as matching your subs with your amp. I would suggest checking out these 2 websites before making your decision www.bcae1.com and www.the12volt.com

Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.