DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Blue Bye You
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some may remember my fight for warranty tranfer with the dealership...

Well, I contacted Chrysler AGAIN...

I bought my Dodge Ram 1500 SLT on May 2, 2006. I took delivery on the
5th. At the time of the sale I asked about transferring the 7/70 factory
warranty. I was told by PJ ****** and Christian ******* that
Chrysler no longer transferred warranties. About 4 weeks later I was told by
another Dodge owner that I should have been able to pay $150 and have
the warranty transferred. I called your customer service (1-800-992-1997)
and they verified that my truck WAS eligible for this transfer. They also
told me that it was very close to the 30 day period for transfers, but that
the dealer should not have a problem doing the transfer. I called the
dealership and spoke to Christian *******. Again he said he was unaware
of my truck being eligible for the warranty transfer. I had to call your customer service again to have them talk to Christian. I was put on
hold while they talked. Customer service came back on the line and told me
they talked to Christian and told him what had to be done to do the
transfer. Since then I have not gotten the transfer. The dealership has not
returned my calls. I called your customer service yesterday to complain again and all they would do is tell me that the 30 days has expired and there is nothing you can do for me. They said I would have to take the matter up
with the dealership. I cannot get them to call me back and I am about
to lose my cool. I really need someone at Chrysler to tell me that my
truck has the 7/70 warranty so that I can feel like I was not taken advantage
of. I am the one who asked about the transfer BEFORE I signed the papers. I am the one who was told that Chrysler didn't transfer warranties any more. I was the one who was given misinformation. I think you should waive the 30 day period and transfer my warranty for free since I have had all
this trouble. I love my truck and it is doing great, but I like the peace of
mind knowing you stand behind your product. My dad sold Chrylser/Dodge
years ago and owned a dealership. I had a dodge Dakota for 12 years
prior to this purchase. I hope you will help me on this as I am at my wits
end. It has been five months since I purchased my truck and I think it has
gone on long enough. I feel ignored and I feel like everyone is trying to
avoid my issue.

Their reply was....

Dear Scott:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Group Customer Assistance Center.

Your concerns are important to us, particularly in view of the expense
and inconvenience involved. However, your request for consideration in
this matter must be declined.

The original manufacturer's warranty on your vehicle applied to the
original retail purchaser only. It was transferable to a second retail
purchaser, providing application for transfer was made within 30 days of
the purchase date. According to our records, the remainder of the
manufacturer's warranty was not transferred on the vehicle.

Regarding your sales experience at a dealership, as much as I would like
to be of assistance, the circumstances in this matter prevent me from
doing so. DaimlerChrysler Motors dealers are independent businesses,
and as such are responsible for addressing concerns directly related to
their sales departments, including their personnel. DaimlerChrysler
Motors has no authority to resolve disputes involving retail sales
agreements between an independent dealer and their retail customer. I
would suggest you pursue the matter directly with dealership management.

Your dissatisfaction is regrettable, and I trust you will understand our
position. I hope this experience will not cause you to misjudge our
products.

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention. Information received
from customers enables better evaluation of dealers' sales activities.
Your complaint will be retained in the dealer's file.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Shauna

Senior Staff Representative
Chrysler Group Customer Assistance Center

Here was my reply and thus I am waiting yet again for satisfaction. I cannot believe I am going to have to deal with the dealer on this without help from Chrysler.
=========================================================
"DaimlerChrysler Motors has no authority to resolve disputes involving retail sales agreements between an independent dealer and their retail customer."

Shauna,
Thank you for addressing my problem. It is very hard to understand you position on this when all I am trying to do is get the warranty I was allowed. How is this considered a "sales agreement" when your company's product is being misrepresented? Do you not care that the retailer is causing you to lose customers? I trust I may NEVER need to use the warranty and it is very upsetting that Chrysler would rather lose a faithful customer of many years over a few hundred dollars. My father used to own a Chrysler dealership and he would be very upset to know that your position is to not help me in this. In my unique circumstance it is troubling that Chrysler will not represent me against the dealership. I assure you I am not done trying to get what is owed me under the law and I assure you if I do not get satisfaction, Sad to say, I will not be a Chrysler/Dodge owner ever again. I love your product, but service is paramount for me.

Sorry for the long read, but it is theraputic for me to share with my fellow dodgetalk members.

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
plain old bull sh!T!!! Good Luck & I really hope you suceed!!!

·
Blue Bye You
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It took thme 2 weeks to reply to my first email. I get the reply in less than 30 minutes....
=========================================================
Dear Scott:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Group Customer Assistance Center.

Your email does not contain any information that would cause a change in
the previous decision. Therefore, your request must again be
respectfully declined.

Any future communication related to this issue will be retained in
corporate records.

If, at some future date, we can be of assistance to you in some other
area, please let us know.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Shauna

Senior Staff Representative
Chrysler Group Customer Assistance Center

How sad that they think so little of customer service. I didn't know business was booming in the car industry. Ah well if ya'll have some good ideas, I am all ears.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Call a lawyer. Car dealers almost always lose against individuals. I wouldn't have let it go this far, but I bet a good lawyer can help.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Man, that sucks overall bro. BUt I think the dealer is full of shit and should offer you an extended warranty of some type for the $150 or free actually. I kind of side with Chrysler in the sense that the dealer misinformed you and actually screwed you over. But on the other hand you did contact DC before the 30 days was up. I think they should have gotten it started for you on the day you called, so at least something was in action or taking place before the 30 days was over.

Then you would have a record showing it was started before the 30th day. I just think it blows, that the dealer screwed with you on this. In my eyes they are the responsible party at hand. The least they can do is offer a comparable warranty for the $150 transfer fee. But they should eat the cost and give you the warranty fro free at this point. Otherwise you should let them know you will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and retaining a lawyer. If anything happens that should be a warranty covered item, I would say their asses will pay for it one way or another.

KB

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
:pissmonke dealerships that screw people :rocket:
mine tried it...internet price was 2,500 lower than sticker price. i brought in the internet add after i learned of it and they were forced to take the hit...cant believe some of these people

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Call Chrysler Group Customer Assistance Center and ask for Shauna's boss. If they refuse tell them he can either talk to you or your lawyer, his choice. Give him the date of your very first phone call to them when Christian talked with them. They should have a record of that call. Explain it to him. If you are not satisfied tell him his name along with Chrysler Group and the dealership will all be named in the lawsuit you are now filing. You should rifle up a few feathers that way.

·
Registered
684 Posts
HEMMIPOWERED! I received a letter that might help you??? It states that I had 30 days from the date of sale to carry over the warrenty like you have seen in your emails. The part that might help is when it continues to tell me to take it in to my local dealer and let them over look it and pay them the 150.00 to transfer the warrenty. Keep in mind it has been 11 months since I bought my truck! (way past 30 days) And the letter states I have until oct 27th i belive b4 the offer is to expire.

Like I said it may not help but if you want pm me your email address and I can scan it and email it to you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Get a lawyer, I had some probelms with my 99 dakota's transmission, long story short dealer tried to screw me becuase i was only 19 at the time. I contacted a lawyer and had him send DC and the dealership a letter. If I remember corectly all but about 400 of my transmission rebuild and lawyer fees were paid for.

hope everything works out for you

·
Registered
890 Posts
Remember, it is in the best interest of Chrysler to not help you out here. The warranty on a vehicle is to help sell the vehicle when it is new. Chrysler does not make any money on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc... owner. Yes, they might make $75~ for the transfer fee, but if you have a $1500 problem, that's money out of their pocket.

I would go after the dealership.

Another thing that isn't helping you any is the fact that you bought your truck so long ago and are just now making an issue of it.

·
Blue Bye You
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EZ4U2CHere said:
Another thing that isn't helping you any is the fact that you bought your truck so long ago and are just now making an issue of it.
You need to read my post again. This has been an issue since just before the 30 days was up. I tried to be civil towards both Chrysler and the Dealership. If anything THAT was what didn't help me.

thanks for your input, though.

·
Blue Bye You
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TruckMan01 said:
Get off the phone and go in!!!
Yes, I am going to make sure I have all my documentation and spend all day Saturday in their face. I am a calm person until I have had enough.

·
Registered
593 Posts
You started the process before the deadline. Both places were bouncing you back and forth. They should honor this. Like you said. Have your documentation and dqates ready. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
unfortunatley it sounds like your only option is to lawyer up... good luck and let us know how it turns out...

·
Registered
890 Posts
HEMI Powered said:
You need to read my post again. This has been an issue since just before the 30 days was up. I tried to be civil towards both Chrysler and the Dealership. If anything THAT was what didn't help me.

thanks for your input, though.
I don't need to read your post again, I know what it says. My point is that you were not making it an issue til recently. I would have made it an issue "then". "Then" meaning 5 months ago.

You can lawyer up, but the cost of a lawyer is going to cost you more than it would if you went out and bought your own warranty, and in all honesty, I think it would be hard to win. It would be your word against theirs, unless of course you have something in writing which it doesn't sound like you do.

I hate it for you, but from what you've posted here, I don't think you're going to get anywhere.

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
well how about this........i payed the 150 transfer fee (oct 05) and im still fighting them to get it transfered into my name. i ahve been herassing them for the last year. and still nothing. so im guessing that this is an uphill battle for both of us.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Small Claims Court

I took a similar situation to Small Claims Court. The dealership had screwed up on my extended warranty which caused me to lose the extended coverage. It cost me $150 for filing, and I made them reimburse me for that too. I did however have complete documentation and the dealership admitting their mistake through the Better Business Bureau documentation paperwork. The dealerships attorney was on the phone with me minutes after receiving the paperwork from the Sheriff's Office. He said, "I would have been upset myself if this would have happened to me". They did absolutely nothing until I took them to small claims court. LOL... The Consumer these days doesn't mean anything. Customer Service is a big joke in today's society. Good Luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.