DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the 2007 Quad cab, 4X4, Hemi with MDS.... Has anyone wired up a light or had a dash light wired as to come on when the MDS system turns on...??? I Thought It would be super to know when It was working... Doug

· Registered
58 Posts
The edge programer I'm beta testing has a read out on the screen that indicates V4 or V8. Put on an aftermarket exhaust and you will be able to hear it when it goes back and forth.

· Registered
227 Posts
You could easily mount one of those aftermarket tachometers that have the clamp the grabs one of the sparkplug wires and reads the electrical pulse. Just be sure to put it on one of the sparkplugs that shut off when the MDS is on.

· Great View
1,049 Posts
I read a post a while back of someone that did that, picked the wire from the solenoid that controls the valve shut down.

· Great View
1,049 Posts

· Got 2 Hemis
5,057 Posts
There is a lead in the computer that can be tapped. It can light a LED to show when the # ___ cylinder has been deactivated. There are several posts on Chrysler forums showing the procedure. Sorry for lack of info. I'll try to find the post, but it's been a while since I read it. Guess it may not apply to the trucks anyway.

· Registered
182 Posts
I just use my loud exhaust as an indicator. :tup:

· 2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,645 Posts
how does that mds sound death metal? i have a cherry bomb ready to install but am considering getting the at3030 and selling the cherry bomb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.